Not just some of their members and candidates who are ex-BNP then?

According to Nigel Fartrage,  a third of BNP voters will switch their allegiance from the BNP to his own weird ensemble (not sure if I would so ready to boast about that if I was him).

I wonder if that is any more accurate than previous claims that they have stopped members of the BNP and similar organisations from infiltrating UKIP.

Do you have to be a member of the BNP to vote for them? Seems strange as voters for other parties aren't expected to be members as well.

Quite right. I was assuming that a significant percentage of those who were actually party members would now be voting UKIP - and not just those who would previously have voted for the BNP.  *

On reflection that there is probably no evidence for that, or to disprove it. My apologies.

Still it is still interesting that Fartrage admits  UKIP is seen as a viable alternative for racist and xenophobic voters who recognise that the BNP has imploded.

* Or have said they would vote BNP - most of those who say they are going to vote for the BNP can't  be bothered voting - never mind actually actively supporting or  joining a party.

I wonder how many paedophiles, ex-rapists and ex-murderers vote Labour, Lib Dum or Conservative?

Being a member or a voter of the BNP is NOT a criminal offence regardless of how much you luvvies would like it to be but the others certainly are and people like them could be voting for the same people as you do!

• Upvote 1

The main Parties having lost the argument on Europe and Immigration - they've (in true Party political style), got to try and discredit UKIP as a Party. Ignore the message and go for the messenger as usual.

I wish I could do smilies on my phone, what a small universe you live in Obs, do you actually believe that or was it more of a hope and post.

So if the supporters of fringe parties are so unlikely to even vote what is all the wittering for?

The problem is other parties basing policy on their perceived threat.

Being a member or a voter of the BNP is NOT a criminal offence regardless of how much you luvvies would like it to be but the others certainly are and people like them could be voting for the same people as you do!

Not sure if you would class Nigel Fartrage as a luvvie - but up until the last couple of days he and his disciples have been insistent that they have kept members of the BNP out of their party.

Thought the whole idea of a free democracy was to allow folk to vote for whichever Party policies they support, and that all Parties were free to express their opinions (however odious to some), free of legal or mob suppression.

I have no problem with BNP supporters , and indeed BNP members , being a member of UKIP, seems a natural refuge for them. However, it appears that, publicly at least, UKIP want to exclude them. So if anyone doesn't believe in a free democracy it appears to be Nigel Fartrage.

I also have no problem in them expressing their odious opinions  ( the more exposure Nick Griffin got the better as far I was concerned) . However I do feel that those standing or office should be prepared to have any racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, misogyny etc. revealed for what it is.

The BBCs Q-Time ambush of Nick Griffiths is a prime example of how to attack the messenger, rather than the message. No discussion was allowed on their policies, just a series of pre-planned personal attacks on him and his Party. The finish being that we got to know nothing of his Party's policies on the issues of the day, thus allowing voters a choice; instead it desended  into a mud slinging exercise. Now the same tactic is being applied to UKIP, in these local elections. The same applies to the other end of the political spectrum, where Galloway and others have been buried under a blanket of personal attacks.

The BBCs Q-Time ambush of Nick Griffiths is a prime example of how to attack the messenger, rather than the message. No discussion was allowed on their policies, just a series of pre-planned personal attacks on him and his Party.

No - just an example of a ****head coming across as a ****head

Rather difficult to come across as anything else, when bombarded with pre-planned attacks on him personally, rather than ascertaining his policies on the issues of the day, and attacking them.

Diddums - poor little chap, god knows how he would cope in Parliament if the big boys were nasty to him.

I wasn't expecting you on here today, Obs - I thought you would helping get the vote out in Birchwood for Geoff Sodall of UKIP.

The EU surrender monkeys may well find UKIP, BNP. EDL etc odious; but unfortunately the main 3 parties are so up their own arses when it comes to cow-tailing to Europe that there is no where for over 50% of the voting population to vent their anger at what is happening to our country.

If the Tories, Labour or the other lot actually gave the referendum we were promised and that in countless polls; well over 50% of the electorate want to vote in to get us out of Europe then there would be no need for UKIP

We are lied to, let down and walked over by every main stream party... the luvvies may want to bend over and get shafted by Brussels; however there are just as many of us out there that want a change and a new path for the country which doesn't involve being part of the European Dictatorship

Cow-tailing ?

James Ashington , the local leader of UKIP doesn't seem to think as many people are as worked up as Europe as you so evidently are

From the W******ton G***d**n in January on why they were talking about immigration

“If you talk about the EU, people aren’t interested....."

Now UKIP may well be genuine about immigration - rather than just looking at a way to get in to a position to implement their other right-wing policies (destruction of public services etc.) - However don't be fooled that the BNP are against immigration per se. They have a racist agenda where it is okay for "indigenous" people to come here  based around he idea of racial homelands - though god knows where we would put all the white Americans, Australians etc. if they left the lands where they are not indigenous.

However I do feel that those standing or office should be prepared to have any racism, homophobia, anti-Semitism, misogyny etc. revealed for what it is.

Yes indeedy, and lets not forget paedophilia, sexual predation and suchlike.

I can recommend www.labour25.com as a primer on what a certain party's officials and activists get up to.

A strong stomach may be required. 

Well, Millipede's brother's seat, has not surprisingly been won by Labour, with UKIP coming second, and the Tories and Libs coming nowhere. However, even Labour are failing to resonate with their old Labour support - so get ready for some policy changes!