Labour squabbling again

Nick Tessla

Labour bickering  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are labour's squabbles

• A bad thing - it distracts them from running the town
    • A good thing - it distracts them from running the town
    • Who cares - the officers run the town

If his voting reflects the opinion of his constituents then he is doing the job he was elected for to represent said constituents. As to it being a good thing or a bad thing for labour I could not really say. In a way it is both. It shows that at least one of their elected officials is doing what he was elected for,but it also shows that the party may not be acting in the best interests of the people by "forcing" a vote in the first place.

as for it distracting them from running the town, bins still get emptied, potholes still get ignored so does it really make that much difference?

Here is the latest article Nick is relating to if it helps you make up your mind on how to vote

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/15441/1/Rebel-councillor-suspended-by-Labour/Page1.html

Perhaps also to help you make up your mind, if the Council had tried to set a illegal budget, the officers would be duty bound to intervene and do it for us. This isn't squabbling, it's grim reality for a Labour Council trying to mitigate the worst effects of the coalition government's wicked cuts. Given the possible appeal, I will not comment further to this thread.

Perhaps also to help you make up your mind, if the Council tried to set a illegal budget, the officers would be duty bound to intervene and do it for us. This isn't squabbling, it's grim reality for a Labour Council trying to mitigate the worst effects of the coalition government's wicked cuts. Given the possible appeal, I will not comment further to this thread.

Sorry, Vicar, but as I see it a member speaking his mind and then being suspended by the Junta's politburo sure as hell looks like squabbling. Mind you being suspended is hardly unique among Warrington Labour - there's two others already sat in the naughty chair - or is that a naughty three piece suite?

• Upvote 1

it's grim reality for a Labour Council trying to mitigate the worst effects of the coalition government's wicked cuts.

no mention of the last Labour governments "wicked" overspending and landing my kids with your offset spending and PFI disasters I see Vicar.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why are you not criticising our current regime Baz?

I don't need to; Steve did that. But just to make matters even, the current regime is as bad as the last lot. they are all in it for themselves both at local level and at national level. They have no respect for the voters and they are selling our country down the river just to give themselves a nice retirement job in Brussels.

There is no easy solution, but the Labour party don't have a clue and neither do any of the other two.... I think the time has come for something completely different to take a new approach.

Maybe taking control of the banks. Putting every bank boss on 20 grand a year and holding their families hostage over a pit of sharks with fricking lasers on their heads may be a start... I will leave that to people other than myself because personally I would start to cut the deficit by executing every murderer and paedophile in prison. May only save a bit but it would make the rest of the country feel soooo much better :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :lol:  

• Upvote 2