New stadium plan for Warrington Town FC

robocop

I have noticed the whole non league football world ts talking about Warrington Town's new stadium plans - but not a single word of debate here in Warrington!

Just about sums up the level of support!

For you silent/missing/non-existent football fans in Warrington here is what they are saying down the road in proper non league football land

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=16288.0

I'm pleased to see the ambition shown by the club continues, but if the main feature / tenant is to be WTFC then the gates will have to improve significanlty before it becomes economically viable. Doncaster shows how not to do it.

Not sure of the obstructed view caused by the shutters but understand why they form part of the plans to maximise the use of the facilities. Will certainly be unique. Stick the away fans down that end. All seater? prefer some terracing.

Hope they pull it off both in the sense of building it, keeping it going and having a team playing there that justifies the outlay both in terms of gates and on field success.

Totally selfish but it would be just up the road from me so happy in that respect. :P

Wouldn't a better first step be to approach the Wire about playing some games there to see if better facilities would attract bigger crowds & also if moving some matches to there would attract football fans from the rest of town who might be reluctant to travel to its present site. Don't forget a large part of the north  of Warrington was filled originally by people from Manchester ,Liverpool & other far flung places where football was the game of choice.

• Upvote 1

Interesting comments from Alty fans and on here.

To just respond without having had time to digest the idea, isn't going to give a formed opinion, more likely a knee jerk reaction.

For Warrington Town FC to progress up the leagues, the present ground is unsuitable. It needs a new pitch which is expensive, and as someone pointed out, being next to the MSC it gets rather cold.

The proposed site, whilst the wrong side of town for some, should encourage fans from a wider area.

PLUS, it will be more than a football pitch.

If you look at what has happened at Orford Park, the potential is enormous.

PS. It doesn't seem to haver done the Rugby any harm moving to a new Stadium.

IF you don't get ambitious, the club will stand still or lose what it has got.

Surely this can only be a positive for the club, yes the team still has work to do but like Rome stadium's were'nt built in a day so there's time for everyone to get behind it as it'll only benefit the town and everyone should be pleased at that.

I think you will find the Romans had a few more slaves and troops as well! :wink:

There is a danger in the "build it and they will come" approach is if they dont. Doncaster was a good example of how this can go wrong.

I'm all for the concept, but I think we have to be certain that it is appropriatley funded in the long term. I dont see any government / council money (save perhaps EU funding) going towards this and Omega is a designated employment site. Is there a demand for the alternative uses? Timescale?

I take & agree the point that the current ground is unsuitable in the long term and if the ambitions are to be matched then a move is probable. I just dont see how its going to be financed healthily (without huge debt) without success on the pitch and significanlty bigger gates (and prices)

Feed back from the Q&A would be most welcome as timing means I cannot attend.

There is a danger in the "build it and they will come" approach is if they dont. Doncaster was a good example of how this can go wrong.

I'm all for the concept, but I think we have to be certain that it is appropriatley funded in the long term. I dont see any government / council money (save perhaps EU funding) going towards this and Omega is a designated employment site. Is there a demand for the alternative uses? Timescale?

I take & agree the point that the current ground is unsuitable in the long term and if the ambitions are to be matched then a move is probable. I just dont see how its going to be financed healthily (without huge debt) without success on the pitch and significanlty bigger gates (and prices)

Feed back from the Q&A would be most welcome as timing means I cannot attend.

I very much doubt the club/board would consider a move if it was'nt financed long term. Any comment Gary on this one it seems popular?

I very much doubt the club/board would consider a move if it was'nt financed long term. Any comment Gary on this one it seems popular?

As the Chief Executive has been leading on this project it has been agreed by the board that he will be the one making public statements.

Obviously I will be supporting anything which is of benefit to the club.

The point I was making is that it isnt going to be financed with WTFC having gates of 150 or thereabouts. Certainly WTFC dont need a 6000 all seater stadium at this point in time and probably not for sometime even if promoted. The new stadium presumably must therefore go hand in hand with developments on the ptich IF WTFC is to be the lead tenant. If its a seperate development and we just pay to use it then thats a different kettle of fish etc.

I look forward to hearing a lot more about this in due course. Anyone attending the Q&A care to update those who cannot make it?