Bad Girls ?

observer

Originally posted by McBain:

I must have missed this...

... a battle between two over-paid people who are only interested in Warrington when it suits them...

...sounds like any normal day in the Council then :D:D

but three over-paid people.... if you count Cllr Marks and his mug shot and comments too :D:wink:

Diz: one can note items BECAUSE they are petty and show the petty nature of those involved: another example would be the report about the re-cycling sign in Horsemarket St, which made the NW News. :wink: Think there are enough LOCAL politicians INSIDE the Council, to do the hen-pecking! :wink:

Originally posted by Observer

Diz:...
Got little nicknames now for each other have we??? :D

I dont mind the shorteneing as I don't like 'dismayed' anyway and dont know why I ever registered with that nickname :D

Be careful commenting Peter as names can be shortened by excluding any letters and you could soon become 'Pee' :P

Originally posted by observer:

Judging by the so-called debate on Post Office closures (ww news); not a lot of intelligence inside the Council Chamber either; but the laugh is: they think Joe Public is even thicker than them! :wink:

I thought that was also your view. :wink:

[ 19.12.2007, 15:27: Message edited by: Peter ]

I reckon that at least some Council officers (i.e. professionally qualified ones) have a bit of nouse. Unfortunately the elected Members choose not to listen to their advice and in so doint repeatedly (and very publicly) demonstrate their incompetence on a range of important issues :roll:

It does beg the question whether one ought to be academically qualified to a certain level before you could sit as a Councillor :confused:

I reckon that at least some Council officers (i.e. professionally qualified ones) have a bit of nouse. Unfortunately the elected Members choose not to listen to their advice and in so doint repeatedly (and very publicly) demonstrate their incompetence on a range of important issues :wink:

Interestingly, up until 1998, I had just 6 "O" levels, but had successfully run a number of substantial businesses.

PS I recall last year, asking WBC for the academic qualifications of the Members...it was not forthcoming. :o

[ 19.12.2007, 18:38: Message edited by: Paul Kennedy ]