Flu jab?

observer

yep. had mine and it worked perfectly, had the flu for the last week. :cry:

does seem to help as since i have been having the flu jabs i don't seem to have as severe symptoms when i do happen to get a dose. and instead of having a week of misery it only lasts about two days and then as right as rain.

it even seems to give a bit of protection against colds as well as i do not seem to have had a cold for the last two years. (oh well that has probably jinxed it now and i will end up with a cold, flu, double pneumonia and the screaming habdabs as well :shock::shock::shock: )

I'm fortunate not to be in the category of people who need one (yet) and I am lucky not to have had flu since a bad dose in 1974 so perhaps I'm immune! I also don't seem to catch other people's colds. (fingers crossed)

Personally, I do worry a bit about all these innoculations and the drugs in them. I tend to think that for normally healthy adults not in any risk category, their own immune system should be sufficient.

They are ok, and it makes sense to have them.

Whether they work or not, who knows? There is no little sign popping up saying that you would have had flu if you hadn't had the vaccination.

It's a bit like farm alarms. Are they only any good if you are going to have a fire?

As for "all strains"?. Who knows, but I would have thought that the ingredients must be a good prevention for ALL types.

You could always apply to be a guinea pig obs.

It's a bit like farm alarms. Are they only any good if you are going to have a fire?

No Pete, farm alarms don't warn you if your going to have a fire they only warn you when your approaching farms.

Back to the flu jab there's a notice in our surgery stating that this years jab protects you against three strains one being mini swine flu ( that should be worth a few giggles from our resident script writers -Baz,Obs,Sid & Co.), both the Mrs and I had the jab last thursday and both felt very flu like symptoms up to yesterday but nothing like we would have if we had contracted the influenza virus, no recommendations here, make your own minds up and as they say "may your god be with you".