Yorkshire Bank closure

Latchford Locks

Statement from Yorkshire Bank...

The nearest alternative branch is at St Helens, but there are another three branches within 18 miles of Warrington.
A dwindling number of customers making physical visits to the branch is thought to have led to the closure decision. Many customers now prefer to use internet or telephone to carry out day-to-date banking transactions.

There are a number of cash machines close to the bank and the Post Office, in Golden Square, also provides customers with an alternative for cash withdrawals or paying in cash or cheques.

But not mentioning the glaringly obvious...........

Which is without the branch there will be..

No one to talk face to face too for help and advice as well as day to day banking.
Which is the obvious option(only) for many older customers.
Who probably don't have the means to travel back and too from St Helens.

image.jpeg.22696a1c1542505ce628ef0cdd069a06.jpeg

If you think st helens as the nearest branch for yorkshire building society is bad then the co-op bank is worse.

If you have an account with the co-op bank then your nearest branch is liverpool.

We are getting even closer to being  cashless society, more so since the pandemic enforced contactless payment for just about everything. Seems money is just a number agreed upon by the various institutions with a £ sign stuck in front.

It won't be long before we all have an Amazon card to provide all our daily needs & deducting money straight from our bank accounts. Everything we need will be delivered , no need to shop ,no chance to get out & meet people while we sit at home waiting for our delivery.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

If you think st helens as the nearest branch for yorkshire building society is bad then the co-op bank is worse.

If you have an account with the co-op bank then your nearest branch is liverpool.

I had an account with co-op when they had that wonderful building on Bridge St. they moved to Golden Square and it never felt as imposing and welcoming as the old one,

so when they closed that branch I simply shut down my account and moved to a bank that still offered a local branch.

Simple easy and no train to Lime Street to sort out any urgent business that may occur.

For me;  peace of mind as a pensioner without my own transport.; 

• Upvote 1