Grave justice !

observer

Well I should think that you would have to prosecute first to establish that fraud had in fact taken place. After all you can't prosecute the descendants for a crime they haven't personally committed can you?

Not prosecuting - but suing- his estate not his descendants  , just as there are moves to sue Jimmy Saville's estate.

But in order to sue the estate you would have to prove that some wrongdoing had taken place which would be tantamount to trying a dead man.

Tantamount, arguably, but not the  as trying for a criminal offence- the deceased would not be found guilty of a crime and, as it is a civil action, the burden of proof is far lower.

I don't see how they can sue Saviles estate.... As asp says, they would need a solid proof conviction that he did commit the crimes he has been accused of after his death...

Had Savile been caught and tried before he died; he may well have still got off on a technicality as these things do happen.... in which case he would have been innocent in the eyes of the law and not capable of being succesfully sued!

and anyway, there may not have been as many people suing him if he were still alive as I'm pretty sure some may well be after an easy buck and were no more a victim than I am!

Is there something you want to share - it may help you if you unburden yourself  :lol:

Supposing I had been on Top of the pops back in the 70's or 80's.... I could quite easily come forward now and claim that Jimmy touched me up and claim a share.... who could contest it?

as I said, if he were alive; I'm pretty sure there would be a lot fewer people suing him than are currently looking to sue his estate.