Town at Curzon

burgerman

I went and the score was a fair reflection. lax at two corners for the first two and slow to pick up a thru ball for the 3rd. hardly threatened 1st half. better second half but game over by then. poor officials don't help ( missed many offside including our first) but it shouldn't be an excuse. we were simply second best

• Upvote 1

Calling for the manager to be sacked? What planet are they on then, to many people read scorelines and don't watch the game. It takes time to build sides surely no expected promotion this season did they?

I thought we had most of the possession today and were punished by set pieces, Mannix played well today as did Kilheeney but i think the club will struggle to keep hold of players like that and i'd include McCarten and Davies going to bigger clubs in the summer. Its the point of the season now where budgets get cut and i hope the club don't wild and slash everything.

• Downvote 1

Calling for the manager to be sacked? What planet are they on then, to many people read scorelines and don't watch the game. It takes time to build sides surely no expected promotion this season did they?

I thought we had most of the possession today and were punished by set pieces, Mannix played well today as did Kilheeney but i think the club will struggle to keep hold of players like that and i'd include McCarten and Davies going to bigger clubs in the summer. Its the point of the season now where budgets get cut and i hope the club don't wild and slash everything.

I didnt go today, and have not been to many away games this year.

As the manager promised promotion this year, yes.

The idea of the sacking of Joey was that Shaun would get time to organize his side in time for this season, however as we still have new players playing each week, as bad now as it was under Paul Moore.

How can you have a sucessful side if its not settled and players come in and out of mangers favor like a cuckoo in a clock. 

anyway looking forward to saturday and a home game.   

If they come in and are not good enough you'll never have success, maybe the club  can't attract the kind of player you want or even afford it, hardly hundreds piling through the gate so can't imagine a massive amount to spend on wages. I heard today at Curzon that their front pairing were on £200 each and i overheard that during a heated debate in the back of the snack bar under the stand.

After speaking to many fans at other clubs we are seen as big time charlies in this league all style and no substance, which at times is shown.

I dont know what the budget is this year however the impression you get from talking to people around the club this year that the budget is higher than last years,

I am not calling for Shaun to be sacked, just yet :lol: however there are many non league managers who are not in clubs at the moment,

this season we have been very inconsistent. is that as a result of all the changes? I'll let others judge that, but at the moment we don't look better for the changes. with expectations raised not least by the manager himself, you can understand somewhat the reaction. the question is, do we accept this season is over and build for next year or push on in the hope, however slim, of the playoffs. if so do the fans want another year of chopping and changes.

• Upvote 1

First reaction was that they were rubbish.  Yet again three stupid goals. No attempt to attack the ball. The passing was sloppy and I do wonder if the team Is colour blind with all the stray passes. There was a lack of cohesion and teamwork. Even though town had a lot of possession, they were always second best.

Yet another new striker this week. PLUS a new goalie. As he hasn't been mentioned I wonder if anyone noticed. He had a reasonable debut.The playoffs are still achievable.Just need the players to want to get there. Sacking the manager won't achieve anything other than starting all over again and being in the same position or worse in 12months time.Fergie had the same problems at Man United. Good job they didn't sack him.
However Curzon were the better team on the day. Accept it and move on. And yes, they were crap today. On paper, it is a strong squad.And to talk about Joey D / Paul M is pointless. The club has moved on Imo.

The so called fans calling for the manager to be sacked should hang their head in shame.

Joey Dunn had three years, Shaun Reid has had less than 12 months!

Warrington Town have never had players of the quality of Ciaran Kilheeney, John Miles, Phil Davies, James McCarden - they have been hammered by long term injuries to players like Mike Reid and Allan Collins.

They have only lost eight league games - and so called fans are calling for the manager to be sacked.

It will take minumum two-three years to get a settled team and as long as the new ones are better than the old ones what is your problem?

What other club at this level has a board putting a new stadium plan on the table and a manager connected to some of the biggest names in world football.

You don't know how lucky you are to have a club with such potential - get behind your team and show your support.

I have been watching from the outside for a number of years now - and believe me you don't know how lucky you are.

Your manager is probably the most passionate in the game - just needs to learn to control his language! :oops:

• Upvote 1

I wasn't there so I will not comment on the performance.

You need to remember that Curzon have underachieved this season though. Even though (before today) they were only in mid-table, they are still a difficult team to beat, so losing this game is hardly a massive upset.

However, I have heard that our fans are again calling to sack Reid. This is ridiculous. I've said it before, he just needs time. Use this season to get his squad together, then we'll have next season with a settled squad to hopefully challenge for promotion.

A team good enough for promotion cannot be built in one season. The squad is getting there, but it hasn't had time to settle into an actual team.

I also heard we had a new keeper in. Was he any good?

I do think we need to keep the manager. However, I can understand why people are calling for him to go. When you walk in and are quoted at a supporters club Q and A as saying that he didn't expect to be manager at the end of the season if we weren't promoted, then expectations are going to higher, and there is inevitably going to be frustration and disappointment when such a target isn't met.

Undoubtedly, I am just as disappointed as anyone that our playoff chances are now very small, especially with how much weaker the league is in comparison to previous years. However, I don't think chopping the manager is necessarily going to be a quick fix for next season.

I'd say we are in a very similar position to last season. Like last season, playoff chances are slim, and also like last season, we have a team that, with some refinement, has an excellent chance of playoffs or maybe even better next season. It's now a case of whether we want to stick, or twist, as we did last season by sacking Joey and appointing Shaun. I think if we ended up replacing Shaun, next season would just be another one like this one - and promotion wouldn't necessarily follow. We have a better chance of promotion by allowing Shaun to continue to work with a team which will become more settled over time in my opinion.