Town at Curzon

burgerman

Neesk,on the subject of no-one expecting promotion this season.The manager said at the Q&A at the the end of last season that he did not expect to still be in the job if we didn't get promoted this season.

Off the field am sure that the club has gone from strength to strength,but on it? 11 wins in 30 games,most of those wins coming  against the strugglers.   We have won twice in the last 9 games,v Goole and Wakefield.Performances on the field are totally disjointed. Well over 50 players used already in league games and players still arriving at about two a week.

Surely we need a manager with a wealth of non-league experience,maybe Gary Lowe,maybe Tony Hesketh. The managerial pair at Runcorn Town,Simon Burton and Danny Salt,two of our former players, have done well in recent seasons.

A manager can have all the coaching badges going but when poor man-manager skills and a  lack of  non-league experience get thrown in......

• Upvote 1

I watched the game due to our game (Cammell Lairds) being called off, looking at the forum by all accounts expecting promotion was always going to be tough given that this year Skelmersdale have been excellent and the rest are vying for play offs. Curzon were out the blocks quicker and given the circumstances it was always going to be a tough ask going 3-0 down. People have been calling for a change but I for one would have agreed until this season, we finished bottom and were reprieved by the league and personally I wanted a change at my club, however I was mistaken and this season we have risen to a comfortable league position (hopefully playoffs) and some great cup results (possibly a semi final in the league cup).

Warrington have players who are good enough to play higher and it seems to me that your building a squad who will eventually challenge and be one to watch next season, it's easy for us as supporters as we look at things through tinted spectacles but if I had my way last season Sullivan would have gone and we possibly wouldn't have had the season we have had so far.

In terms of budgets from what I've heard the more you have the more problems it brings and I have spoken to our manager and he has told me that the best players aren't always the big earners as those who are have massive ego's or just play to pick wages up.

I know this is your forum and some of you will be thinking why am I giving an opinion but sometimes a different perspective from someone who is on the outside helps you see things clearer.

Huyton Blue. A belated "welcome to the Forum". It is always refreshing to hear a point of view/opinion from a "neutral". The opinion and analysis is probably more accurate.

I am told that Skem's success apart from their manager is the fact that they have grown together over the last 3 years. It would be nice to think that we could do the same. Shirt or money can be judged by effort on the pitch. All we can do is watch and see how the rest of the season pans out.

But, keep posting.

The Keeper was emergency cover because Robertson was unavailable

Our U18 team keeper played for Cheshire U18 (who won by the way, in part due to a couple of great saves) and so under FA rules was unavailable for Warrington...  while I have no idea if he would have played, it is unusual in this league for young keepers to get a chance at 1st team action so in some ways a shame he could not represent his town.

Went to the game, and was disappointed, particularly with the first two goals, which were poor corners that were not cleared. Thought the second half performance was better with the introduction of Ash Ruane from the bench.

There were many promises made at the start of the season, from the manager at the very well attended Supporters Q&A session, which is one reason the fans are calling for the managers head I guess. Shaun has used over 50 players this season too, which hardly encourages a team spirit and a togetherness between the players.

I have been around for too many years to believe the hype at the start of each season, having heard it nearly every year for the last so many years. Words are easy and cheap, but are much harder to achieve, so lets not get too surprised when it doesn't happen.

Lets get behind the lads on the field and sing our hearts out, lets see if we can spur on them to greater things in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 1

I agree Woody and if things don't work out this season we need to stay positive and hope that finishing the season with a half decent team will make the summer easier to build on. The proof that the club has got it right will be when the pre-season games arrive and we're not using 30 players a game and fielding two completely different sides. I hope we see about 20 players in each match and thats the squad for the season.