Tonight was a good night for moon shots!.

algy

Wow... did you take those Algy ? They are really clear.   

I didn't even notice the moon when I was out with my dog a few hours ago... not that I'd have got a good photo even if I had have done :oops:

First time I have used my new camera at night so mounted it on an old tripod my neighbour very kindly gave me, and set it in manual mode, ISO 100 and 1/250th of a second and bingo!, I'm quite pleased with the result. :)

cracking photos , what model of camera do you use ?

Darren, it's a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ48, Hybrid with a 25mm ultra wide-angle, 24x optical zoom, F2.8-5.2 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm.

I'm very pleased with it as you can either use it in IA point and shoot mode or or use it in the various other options/priority modes that it has.

Darren, it's a Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ48, Hybrid with a 25mm ultra wide-angle, 24x optical zoom, F2.8-5.2 LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm.

I'm very pleased with it as you can either use it in IA point and shoot mode or or use it in the various other options/priority modes that it has.

Ah yes , i've got an FZ38 and i agree they are excellent