age of criminal responsibility

Cleopatra

So anyway....

I completely agree with the statement about the bringing up of a child. I remember knowing right from wrong from an early age because I was taught the difference. If I stepped out of line, I was in trouble. Standards are slipping in the discipline of children. It's amazing how many issues I've had to deal with regarding young adults who still can't differentiate between right and wrong. Some of their parents couldn't give two ****s which highlights who is to blame.

Can I live in hope Peter, that you will be pulling other people up for being pedantic, Or is it going to be your usual approach, it depends on who's being pedantic. Just remember strive for balance :wink:

Kije. In between winding people up and editing some posts that require it, I have to read every post, unlike yourself, who if you read the other topics you would know that I do comment on other posters. They don't seem to get as upset as you. have a nice night. :wink:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kije. In between winding people up and editing some posts that require it, I have to read every post, unlike yourself, who if you read the other topics you would know that I do comment on other posters. They don't seem to get as upset as you. have a nice night. :wink:

He does have a point as you are a very biased moderator. :evil:

• Upvote 1

So if you read every post Peter, how come you said nothing on the Liverpool supporters thread, nothing with you being a Man United fan, and a friend of of the offending posters, And Peter I do watch what you post and have done for a while, since we first had problems. You are very biased , there is a poster on here who claims to be pedantic, I am yet to see you comment. Someone who supports the same football team as your self or has a similar political view gets away with it, while those that have not don't. :angry:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So if you read every post Peter, how come you said nothing on the Liverpool supporters thread, nothing with you being a Man United fan, and a friend of of the offending posters, And Peter I do watch what you post and have done for a while, since we first had problems. You are very biased , there is a poster on here who claims to be pedantic, I am yet to see you comment. Someone who supports the same football team as your self or has a similar political view gets away with it, while those that have not don't. :angry:

And did I not criticise him on the Savile thread a week or two ago???

Back to the age of criminal responsibility, perhaps we should take a leaf out of the Sharia Laws view on things. I read that If a 14 year old boy and his 9 year old sister stole a loaf as they were hungry and were caught the boy would be considered below the age of criminal responsibility whereas the little girl wouldn't and could probably have some fingers chopped off as a warning. Its something to do with girls being classed as having reached puberty by such a tender age,

:shock::shock: Oooh I actually feel quite feel sick now :unsure:

Saying that if you look back to victorian times kids as young as 4 were sentenced to a few weeks hard labour for petty thefts or begging and some as young as 7 years old were actually transported for their crimes.

:shock::shock: Oooh I actually feel quite feel sick now :unsure:

Saying that if you look back to victorian times kids as young as 4 were sentenced to a few weeks hard labour for petty thefts or begging and some as young as 7 years old were actually transported for their crimes.

And some actually excecuted and I am so amazed at the number of Sharia law experts who post on here. Some people believe anything they read online if it suits their purpose. :roll:

10 is or was the age of criminal responsibility but according to Kije it was raised to 12. So why would a 14 year old boy be considered too young?

When it comes to criminal responsibilty there is no differential made regarding sex and the law pertains to age not body development so the 9 year old girl being charged is bunkum.

And some actually excecuted and I am so amazed at the number of Sharia law experts who post on here. Some people believe anything they read online if it suits their purpose. :roll:

I don't think I want to read any more now. Are you saying kids as young as 7 (or even younger) have been executed Cleo :cry:

I remember many year ago my Uncle worked in Saudi and said he never drank any alcohol while over there as the consequence of being caught was having a hand chopped off. Scarey :shock:

As for reading things online or googling well I think we are all guilty of that on here in various ways so no stones should be thrown in any particular direction IMO.

(sorry it took a while for me to click 'post' on this but the fox walked past again and I got distracted ) :oops:

EDIT... I had to edit mine Cleo as you had edited yours and added more since I started replying so this is based on your first unedited comment :blink:

I don't think I want to read any more now. Are you saying kids as young as 7 (or even younger) have been executed Cleo :cry:

I remember many year ago my Uncle worked in Saudi and said he never drank any alcohol while over there as the consequence of being caught was having a hand chopped off. Scarey :shock:

As for reading things online or googling well I think we are all guilty of that on here in various ways so no stones should be thrown in any particular direction IMO.

(sorry it took a while for me to click 'post' on this but the fox walked past again and I got distracted ) :oops:

In the UK yes Dizzy, it all there in black and white in some history books.

Henceforth stones will be thrown upwards with the hopes that some will fall and hit whoever they were intended to hit. :P:lol: