Marsh House Lane (Padgate) NOW OPEN AGAIN

Dizzy

Marsh House Lane, Padgate is NO LONGER CLOSED due to a lorry being stuck under the old railway bridge.

See front page news updated 2.30pm....

link Marsh House Lane, Padgate - Road Closed after Bridge Crash

Even more traffic chaos then and having seen the a picture of it all I can say is 'What a muppet' :roll::lol:

EDIT - IT RE-OPENED JUST AFTER 4.30 APPARENTLY

My other half left birchwood at 4 fearing it was going to be worse then every other night and he said there was hardly any traffic anywhere.

Just after 6pm I had to go from Stockton Heath, up Wilderspool (through the roadworks), around Bridge Foot to Knustsford road and back again through Bridge Foot and down Chester Road and hardly any traffic on any of those roads either.

Maybe everyone is just avoiding Warrington... YIPPEE :D

Winwick Road heading out of town was a pain at lunch time though and I gave up and turned around as soon as I could.

• 2 weeks later...

Well either the railway bridge on Marsh House Lane is sinking.. or the road has been resurfaced and is now higher ... or more likely dim lorry drivers these days do not know how high their lorries/vans are as another one got stuck under the very same bridge earlier today forcing road closure again :roll:

Well either the railway bridge on Marsh House Lane is sinking.. or the road has been resurfaced and is now higher ... or more likely dim lorry drivers these days do not know how high their lorries/vans are as another one got stuck under the very same bridge earlier today forcing road closure again :roll:

It is all to easy to forget the size of your trailer particularly if your used to a smaller one, tiredness and unfamiliar routes can play a part too.

However that bridge gets bashed regularly, which suggests the council is the negligent party here with poor signage. The council seems to be awash with spare money maybe they could do with investing some in signs on that road to prevent this happening in the future.