Bodies Revealed

sadako

I know this has been mentioned on the forum before, but I recently visited the Bodies Revealed exhibition in Liverpool. For those of you who haven't heard about this exhibition, it has caused a lot of controversy due to the graphic nature in which the human body is presented. The bodies have been preserved and each display focuses on a different part of the body ranging from bones, organs, muscles and a number of fetuses of individuals that have been donated for medical research.

I was wondering if any other posters have been to see this exhibition, if not, I would recommend it. Despite the negative attention, I thought it was very educational and certainly different to a lot of other exhibitions I have visited in the past.

Thoughts anyone?

I'd really like to go and see that but no-one will come with me :roll:

I don't see why there was so much controversy about the exhibition or the similar tv programmes by Gunther von Hagen (did I spell that right) as I watched those and they were fascinating.

Maybe seeing real bodies peeled etc and other body parts in real 'life' rather than on the tv is different though but from what you say it doesn't sound like it.

How much longer is it on for ?

Why not Lt? What puts you off?

It is on until January. Still got time. If you do go, there is a site that can get you money off. Let me know and I can send you the link.

It is interesting to see the damaged kidneys and lungs due to smoking and alcohol abuse. It makes you aware of the damage that can be done if the human body isn't cared for.

It is interesting to see the damaged kidneys and lungs due to smoking and alcohol abuse. It makes you aware of the damage that can be done if the human body isn't cared for.

Maybe I wont go after all incase it's too late to put things right :unsure::shock:

Both when I am having to read through all the days posts on here sometimes :lol:

PS does the exhibition have skeletal and joint displays as I just wondered what harm and effects excessive typing while siting at a pc can cause... ooh how about eyes, are there any of those ?