Freedom of speech?

observer

Again Lt Kije twists things to make himself look good. I never questioned your views at all. You mentioned boundaries, I asked what they were and you came up with one example and asked me what mine are. If I choose not to amswer that question that is up to me, and up to you to speculate as to whether my boundaries are stricter or looser than yours (whatever they are, because you never really answered the question in the first place did you!!) :wink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear Asp

You were not really interested in the thread, you just wanted to have ago again, A bit sad really, do you really think you can have ago at other people's opinions whilst not giving your own, You like to give it out, but are incapable of taking it.

Tell you what you show me your boundaries and I show you mine,, I think I am in for along wait don't you :wink:

And what opinion am I supposed to be having a go at??

You are the one who mentioned boundaries, all I did was ask "Such as". Not really a searching question, but one you seem unable to answer except by trying to have a go at me. I haven't offered an opinion either way and that is the way it is going to stay.

No you haven't offered an opinion, and nor are you likely too, you just wanted to have a go, very short sighted, so are you going to share what your boundaries would be Asp??

I don't mind you picking over my opinions Asp, but if you are going too, I would like to do the same to your opinions.

I think I've answered the question in my last post, where I suggested some boundaries. However, what I find interesting is that the very folk who condemn the situation in non-liberal Countries, tend to be the most intolerant of views that THEY disagree with in our own. :wink:

That might be because they want a better society for everybody.

So what was your original comment about? Do you think that some idiot on an open internet site should be allowed to make a long stream of comments about having sex with a five year old so disgusting that he needs the police to protect him from a mob?

No you haven't offered an opinion, and nor are you likely too, you just wanted to have a go, very short sighted, so are you going to share what your boundaries would be Asp??

I don't mind you picking over my opinions Asp, but if you are going too, I would like to do the same to your opinions.

I haven't commented on your opinion at all, just asked what the boundaries were that you referred to. Since you are unwilling or unable to answer my enquiry you straight away go into attack mode and demand to know what my opinion is. Perhaps I don't have an opinion, but that is for me to know. Once again we reach an impasse with you claiming to have won the high ground. Sad.

Why don't you look at all of your posts, you will not have to go back far, and see how many of them are you trying to have a dig, you've even admitted it previously. All this attention I'm flattered, but I am married. I thought you said you had no opinion on free speech, but in your crusade against me you posted. Grayman has a similar opinion to me, but all your attention is on me?

So are we going to get an opinion off you on free speech, or are you going to scuttle off :wink:

All I've been doing is trying to get a simple answer to a simple question but for some reason better known to yourself you are squirming like a worm on a hook. If you have no answer then fine, just say so but don't try to make out that I'm on a mission to make you look evasive, you already do a good job of that without any assistance from me.

As for your weird digs at my supposed sexual preferences, are they inside or outside your unknown boundaries of free speech? I don't expect an answer to this question any time soon either. :roll: :roll:

I have given an answer, still waiting for your answer, nice try though, can we expect one?

Yes or no will do?

And you have still not answered why you choose me over everyone else who shares the same opinion. :wink:

Your fixation of trying to get at me, makes you blind to everything else.

I have given an answer, still waiting for your answer, nice try though, can we expect one?

Yes or no will do?

And you have still not answered why you choose me over everyone else who shares the same opinion. :wink:

Your fixation of trying to get at me, makes you blind to everything else.

Must be your dashing good looks and sharp witted intellect. :wink:

As with all things "free speech" is a two edged sword. if you allow freedom of speech then you must abide by the consequences.

This website has certain terms and condition that 'should be' adhered to which is part of the contractual agreement that all users must enter into before they can post comments on the site (wonders how many of the users have actually read them through at least once?) and has people set up to police the posts to ensure they conform to those terms and conditions.

So some unthinking person posts on a public website "jokes" that are distasteful.They may find them "funny" but others will not. That this person is then condemned and hunted out by an angry mob are the consequences of that action.

The question that needs to be asked of the particular website is who does the policing of the posted content to ensure that it does not contravene the terms and condition that it has set out?