angler,trike and dog

P J

Hey I'm clearly wide awake after all... not that I feel it :lol:

Mmmm I'm off to google 'lightroom' now, is it expensive and what version have you got ?... xmas coming up :D Saying that maybe I can do similar things to that in photoshop, play time again :lol::unsure:

Nice picture PJ the black & white definitely gives the subject atmosphere and interest, just given a couple of mine the 'treatment' using the B&W filter on ACDsee Pro, they are two that I took on a loch in Scotland about four years ago, with the B&W they look almost timeless!.

VitalSparkalongsidetheArcticPenguinatInverarary.jpg

P1000657-Copy.jpg

• Upvote 1

Face...! Worried....? Lmao

ditto.

I don't get precious about my pictures Algy, people are free to experiment and or improve them if they wish, as long as they aren't obviously taking the mickey where's the problem. You crack on Cleo, (even though I think your edit is absolutely magnificent) :wink:

Only pulling Cleo's leg PJ, I have the same attitude, once I have posted a photo it's up there for folk to do what they wish and as you say, comments should be constructive and not abusive!.

I was digging through some old photos today and found this one that I took in Finland many years ago with an old 36mm Minolta SLR,although not a particularly sharp photo it's one of my all time favourites, it's a tug called "Jaakotka" (Ice Eagle) in the Saimaa Canal that connects Finland with Russia, the tug was used for towing Russian timber into Finland to the Pulp Mills at a town called Joutseno, the damage to the paint on the hull was down to the vessel breaking the ice during the previous winter.

261760.jpg

• Upvote 1

And I'm sure Cleo knows I was only pulling her leg too. Nice boat shots and BW conversion Algy. I've never used the software you mention, perhaps I'll take a peek. It seems a bit perverse that camera manufacturers strive to give us equipment with more precise and perfect image quality and we put the effort into ageing and adding grain etc. to the images.

Awww Cleo... why did you remove your picture ? It wasn't that bad, well ok it was a bit yellow and the frame colour wasn't quite right, but hey so what. Yours made PJ's actual original look even more lovely than it already did on first look :lol::wink:

PJ's 'poo' comments made me giggle and I'm sure they made you giggle too :wink: Sort of a good term use to use for a lot of mine actually and I've got plenty fitting that category.

One things for sure Algy there have never been any 'abusive' comments on the photo section of the forum. It's a happy place to be :D

Anyway I'll upload some of my 'poo' pics in a while and if anyone would like to play with them that's fine by me too :lol::lol:

Unless you are called 'Dizzy' :lol:

My other half says it's cos I take so many pictures of 'nonsense' and he said I was like a japanese tourist at Daresbury the other day and says I'm the same wherever we go. He actually shouted at me saying 'FOR GOD SAKE DONT YOU DARE TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT... PUT IT AWAY !!'

Ooops :oops::lol::lol:

Unless you are called 'Dizzy' :lol:

My other half says it's cos I take so many pictures of 'nonsense' and he said I was like a japanese tourist at Daresbury the other day and says I'm the same wherever we go. He actually shouted at me saying 'FOR GOD SAKE DONT YOU DARE TAKE A PICTURE OF THAT... PUT IT AWAY !!'

Ooops :oops::lol::lol:

Perhaps you need to train yourself to be a sniper instead of a machine gunner Dizzy?? :wink: