Daresbury Hall used for 'Zombie' events.

algy

Daresbury Hall a Georgian Grade II listed building built in 1759 is being left to decay and at present being used by a company called Airsoft for running reality 'Zombie' game events for both public and corporate use and advertise these 'Horror' events as being held at 'Zombie Manor', the interior of the hall last used as office accommodation remains in a total state of disaray with members of the Airsoft crew being made up to film studio standard as Zombies with the paying guests issued with fake (I would presume) automatic weapons and handguns. I believe this company has been touting for business in Golden Square.

There is a 'Teaser video on You Tube, I am not placing a link on here as I don't want to advertise for this company, just the opposite I would encourage people not use this type of event.

Is this another building that will be left to decay to be eventually be demolished.

We can't lay the blame with Warrington however, the Hall falls under the jurisdiction of Runcorn/Halton Borough Council.

639px-Daresbury_Hall_2.jpg

Daresbury Hall was built in 1759 by General George Heron.

Believe they were after locals to play the part of the zombies, only trouble was the auditions were in london. Seems a bit daft to me to travel all the way to london for a job interview to be employed a few miles down the road from where you live.

Sure there was mention of this in a post not too long back, time for a quick test of the search engine thingy to see iff i can find it. :unsure:

They are advertising it as being in Warrington, Greater Manchester :roll: Last week Warrington was Widnes, on Google it's Birchwood and now it's GM :unsure:

Anyway don't want the take the topic off track so just mentioning that, that's all.

This Zombie thing sounds good fun (if you're not of a nervous disposition like me) but is it actually INSIDE Daresbury Hall as surely that is dangerous and would not be allowed due to H&S.

Just found this link showing recent pictures of the inside (March). It has collapsed ceilings and looks in a right state.

It's OK Algy it's not a link the the company :wink:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/69640-Daresbury-Hall-Cheshire-03-12

Could it be though that this company are paying to hire the Hall and that money is then put into the repair pot ?

They are advertising it as being in Warrington, Greater Manchester :roll: Last week Warrington was Widnes, on Google it's Birchwood and now it's GM :unsure:

Anyway don't want the take the topic off track so just mentioning that, that's all.

This Zombie thing sounds good fun (if you're not of a nervous disposition like me) but is it actually INSIDE Daresbury Hall as surely that is dangerous and would not be allowed due to H&S.

Just found this link showing recent pictures of the inside (March). It has collapsed ceilings and looks in a right state.

It's OK Algy it's not a link the the company :wink:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/69640-Daresbury-Hall-Cheshire-03-12

Could it be though that this company are paying to hire the Hall and that money is then put into the repair pot ?

One of the photos appears to be of the roof and seems to be covered in lead sheet if so I'm amazed that it is still there!. :shock:

:shock: You are right Algy. Perhaps I should remove the link. Maybe it's not still there though as the photos were apparently taken in March.

As for the future of the Grade II listed Daresbury Hall.

Seems it might be 'saved' as a planning application was apparently submitted in April to turn it into 22 flats and to build 9 houses in it's grounds :roll:

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.co.uk/runcorn-widnes-news/runcorn-widnes-local-news/2012/04/12/bid-to-turn-daresbury-hall-and-grounds-into-flats-and-houses-55368-30737129/

Oh, that's where it is. I wanted to do the zombie game but never booked (they didn't give the location as such. It was just listed as nr Warrington.

I can't access that link Dizzy (on my phone) It says I need to contact my phone provider as it contains adults material which requires me to confirm that U am over the age of 18.

Do you mean the first link Sadako ? If so it's probably because it links to a site where people display pictures from when they rather 'naughtily' go into old abandoned buildings, tunnels etc etc. Probably set like that to stop young kids trying the same as IT'S DANGEROUS and trespassing. (Apparenly they had permission by the event organisers to go into Daresbury though).

There is nothing rude or x-rated on there :wink:

Interesting that you say when you fancied going to the Zombie bash it didn't give an exact location. I wonder if that means the zombie people shouldn't really have been in there either :unsure:

Don't forget your camera Sadako and make sure you go to Daresbury. I'd come with you but the pictures on their website alone scared me. I'd probably finish up actually killing an actor zombie in sheere panic and terror :oops::lol:

I don't think it's painballing. I think it's BB guns.

The aim of the game is to stay alive! You get given a gun and some ammo at the start. The event takes place in parts of the building, garden and swimming pool. You work as a team to fight off waves of zombies using your weapons and the game lasts three hours.

:shock:

:lol::lol::lol: That's so funny Sadako and I'm trying to refrain from answering that incase Gary is reading :lol:

Re the BB guns though... crikey that would hurt at such close range. I got shot from behind on my shoulder with a small bb gun from about 30 foot and it brought tears to my eyes and within seconds I had a huge lump and bruise. Thanks son !!!!!! :evil::lol:

A lot of Warrington used to be under the heading of 'Runcorn Rural District Council' Wolfie until they split it all so the Hall was probably once ours anyway and not Haltons :wink:

How about we all pay to have the day there to ourselves (as it does say you can do group bookings). We could then request that no zombies are invited (to save my nerves) and we can just shoot at each other :D

A lot of Warrington used to be under the heading of 'Runcorn Rural District Council' Wolfie until they split it all so the Hall was probably once ours anyway and not Haltons :wink:

How about we all pay to have the day there to ourselves (as it does say you can do group bookings). We could then request that no zombies are invited (to save my nerves) and we can just shoot at each other :D

God forbid, get our lot up there and the 'Zombies' would probably chuck their hands in, then their feet, followed by..........! :wink::D :grin: :D

:lol::lol:

Maybe you are onto something there Algy. Do you think people would pay to shoot us... I could do us a website :lol:

We could do a BOGOF month, or a SODOF, or a even a PEEDOF 8)

More chance with an - OBSOFF, LTOFF, EAGLEOFF AND NIGOFF Ooop! almost forgot a WOLFOFF month. :wink::D :grin: