Is this correct.

algy

I was listening to BBC Radio Merseyside last night when a chap being interviewed stated that Warrington was the largest town in the UK not to have a football team in the Football League, is this true :unsure: , if so we hold a rather dubious record!.

Its a reasonable assumption to make. Most sources on google would tell you it's Dudley, with a population of 194 000, which is probably a bit less than Warrington at the moment. I think most of the studies of this have been done using census info from 2001, which is obviously going to be updated in the near future.

What else did you hear Algy - was the club's new manager Shaun Reid being interviewed?

Warrington is one of the biggest town's in England without a football league team - and we aim to put that right one day - after a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

We have just embarked on a new leg of the journey.

Having a national conference team and then one day football league team will bring enormous economic benefits to Warrington.

We also will be making the club financial sound as a community club so we don't go the same way of many others who are now paying the penalty for spending money they haven't got!

But we need four promotions to make our dream reality so need all the support we can get starting tomorrow at home to Ossett Town kick off 3pm.

What else did you hear Algy - was the club's new manager Shaun Reid being interviewed?

Warrington is one of the biggest town's in England without a football league team - and we aim to put that right one day - after a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

We have just embarked on a new leg of the journey.

Having a national conference team and then one day football league team will bring enormous economic benefits to Warrington.

We also will be making the club financial sound as a community club so we don't go the same way of many others who are now paying the penalty for spending money they haven't got!

But we need four promotions to make our dream reality so need all the support we can get starting tomorrow at home to Ossett Town kick off 3pm.

That is exactly what I heard Gary almost word for word, is he talking sense or just 'gabbling on' :unsure:

According to the office for National Statistics.

Warrington has a total resident population of 194,000 (Office for National

Statistics (ONS) mid 2006 estimates

So are you saying that the population has jumped 181,000 in 6 years? :unsure:

If so, I stand corrected.