WTFC Next Manager

TheKnowledge71

The New Manager  

11 members have voted

1. 1. If reports are correct should Shaun Reid come in?

• Yes
    • No

400+ League Appearances and has coached League teams. So? That doesn't make him any better at getting teams promoted though. What history does with earning promotion?

At this level it is all about getting in decent players, who are fit and can play together as a team for the club.

he has confirmed he is meeting with us, theres a link elsewhere in this forum mate, from when he spoke with a separate website

Woody, I read that post. My point is that according to Gary's news item, that there have been "several" applications, and they can't make a decision (IMO) as the closing date is tomorrow. Yet we have people on here, virtually giving him the job.

I would imagine they have to have a meeting to go through the applications and sort out a short list.

Couple of points.

How can we vote on something when we don't know the facts?

It has been reported that a “large number of high quality applications have been received”, and Shaun Reid might or might not be one of them. Also he might talk to the board and then decide he does not want the job, or there might be a better/ more suitable candidate. No one knows until the process has been completed, and I point out that the “fans” will have little or no say in the matter anyway.

As for the newly appointed manager bringing in players. He will not have enough time to identify and then immediately sign players of the calibre that are deemed to be required. With the battles for promotion/relegation under way which teams are going to let their better players leave at such a crucial time, and also where is the money going to come from to pay for these “superstars”.

I think we are going to have to rely on what we have got until the end of the season, and then start the slow re building process in the closed season.

• Upvote 1

I've just seen this: http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/reid-quits-prescot-8407/

That pretty much confirms it then. :|

I've asked this before (and I doubt anyone will bother answering), what is his record with earning promotion through the leagues as a manager?

EDIT: I just heard that Prescot was actually his first ever managerial job, and he was only their manager for a few months, I think. :unsure:

EDIT: Just found out that he also played for Preston. Definitely going to take something for me to forgive him for that... :evil::wink:

WW97. Looks like your right on the manager front, 3 months experience with Prescot. Rumour had it he was in for the Managers job at Rochdale some time ago but lost out to Steve Parkin.

He has coached at Swindon Town and Plymouth Argyle, scouted for Sunderland and acted as a football agent.

He may not have a wealth of Managerial experience but everyone has to start somewhere. As said before, his contacts are probably his best assett and if he is appointed lets just get behind him and the team and give our full support.

BR

Ian

He may not have a wealth of Managerial experience but everyone has to start somewhere. As said before, his contacts are probably his best assett and if he is appointed lets just get behind him and the team and give our full support.

BR

Ian

Here here! The words of a true fan. Whatever people think about the departure of Joey - it is now time for everyone to move on and support the new management team and get behind the club.

You never know six straight wins may sneak Town into the play offs! :unsure:

Im glad that the club have reacted quickly and will give the new manager a full pre season to bring in his new players.

it is also nice to see Lee smith return to the club again he was an excellent player for town.

Seems like he`s bringing a couple of players with him and hopes of another two, one being a former full time professional returning from injury.

Agreed its good that the club have acted quickly in resolving this and although I for one fully supported Joey it`s now a new chapter and time for the supporters to rally and get behind the new man and the team.

BR

Ian

He's at least talking a good talk at the moment. Fresh ideas and impetus maybe is what we need, so the experience issue might not be a worry. Pleased to see a few players likley to be brought in not least just to bulk the squad up for the remaining games. 6 wins is a tad optomistic, but 12 points wouldnt be a bad haul and perhaps send out a message for next season?

The most important thing for any manager at any level is the size of his contacts book.

Chorley are a classic example - look how they have moved up the ladder following the appointment of Gary Flitcroft.

Nearly all the successful managers are the ones with the best contacts.

Like anything in life it is not what you know it is who you know!

I remember reading that he is going to have brung one or two new players in by the week. Could help with the fact that we've lost quite a few of our best players.

Any news on whether Maddo stayed or not? He'll be a big boost next season when he returns.

WW97. Looks like your right on the manager front, 3 months experience with Prescot. Rumour had it he was in for the Managers job at Rochdale some time ago but lost out to Steve Parkin.

He has coached at Swindon Town and Plymouth Argyle, scouted for Sunderland and acted as a football agent.

BR

Ian

It is a massive Gamble, in my opinion. Paolo Di Canio has been amazing this season with Swindon with his first managerial job, and the same with Nick Barmby, so it could pay off.

I still don't agree with sacking Joey, but like everyone else has said, its best just to get behind him and support him and hope that he does prove himself as a good manager. :)

From the report on the official website:

“I thought Warrington were a pretty good team that night with some decent players. But I am concerned about the general fitness levels of a lot of players in non league football and that will be one of the first things I will be looking to improve. Some players think they can just turn out on the pitch and play a game – but that is not the case for anyone who plays for me."

“I will be bringing in at least two new faces this week to bolster the team and possibly another two and one is a former full time professional who is just returning to the game following injury."

Got to say I agree with what he is aiming to do and about bringing in good players. I just hope that he does it right :)

WW97, Slight difference between post 10 and post 18. I hope that you mean the latter.

I'm going to give him a chance. I still think it is a massive gamble though.

Any news on the new players yet?

I suspect they`ll probably be ex Prescot players that have followed the manager. Would benefit us if they were strikers as I believe thats what we need right now, players that can find the net.

Unfortunately can`t make the Durham match but wish the team and new Manager the best of luck.

BR

Ian