Missing Photos

RingoDave

As a newbie, I am intrigued by the lively contributions to this section. However, I am also intrigued as to why I can't see the photographs being described and discussed. Some of them say "No longer available" and some say "image removed". Have they been censored? Are shots of old Warrington really that dangerous to impressionable citizens?

Joking aside, I have a lot of photos of old Warrington, given to me a few years ago by one of the retired town historians. I also have a good few documents listing all the old pubs and, in some cases, landlords - especially for the Ring O'Bells on Church Street. Is it worth my putting some on here?

As a newbie, I am intrigued by the lively contributions to this section. However, I am also intrigued as to why I can't see the photographs being described and discussed. Some of them say "No longer available" and some say "image removed". Have they been censored? Are shots of old Warrington really that dangerous to impressionable citizens?

Joking aside, I have a lot of photos of old Warrington, given to me a few years ago by one of the retired town historians. I also have a good few documents listing all the old pubs and, in some cases, landlords - especially for the Ring O'Bells on Church Street. Is it worth my putting some on here?

Welcome to the forum Ringo.

To answer your question - I know Algy did remove some photos a few months back due to some concerns over copyright issues - other reasons could be that the places the pictures have been hosted have expired.

Feel free to display any old photos you have.

A big welcome from me too RingoDave :D

In addition to what Gary said ...in other instances the reason is that if (unlike me) the person posting the image has a sort out of their pics and/or moves them to different folders in their hosting area for ease then any prior link posted on here can no longer find it and so wont work.

Looking forward to seeing some of your old photo's and info and hurry up please as this is my favourite section of the forum and it's been a bit quiet lately :D:D

RD, I ran a casual "Old Warrington" photo quiz on here for around 3 months eventually running short of images that were suitable for posting, my account on the free hosting site that I use was becoming unmanageable, so after assessing the usage of the photos on here I decided to have a a good clear out and deleted the images from the host site. Regarding Gary's comment on my concerns about copyright issue, he and the moderators who incidentally are extremely helpful on this forum, advised that they endorsed my placing of the images on here so I went ahead without any problems, if there are any particular images that you wish to see just post your request in this section or PM me and I shall upload them on to here. As Dizzy has stated (the good lady is one of the moderators) please place your photos on here and I'm sure they will promote a great deal of interest. :)