Is he a liability?

TheKnowledge71

Is Finley a liability?

Is it time the management grew a pair and showed him the door?

Are the board in charge or condoning the players actions?

4 Red cards before Xmas is a disgrace to the club and surely the FA will be telling them that. If Gaghan and Henders have gone as part of a cost cutting exercise (why else would they go, Gaghan scored for Witton weekend!) is he not costing the club the money?

Come on Wire Fans be open and honest..................

Insider - I'm sure you have a view?

Finley was daft last night no doubt about it, however he is the best player i have seen at town for a along time, people forget he is a very young lad and is still very much learning the game.

Once he matures he will become less frustrated and much more talented and a player that clubs much high than town will want to sign.

As for costing the club money (unless this has changed since the new board came in) the player pay their own fines.

As for Gahgan his best days are behind him. Ithink it was time he moved on as his time at town had become a struggle, i wish him all the best for the future as he was a good player for town over the years.

Gahgan was turning into a liability, to be honest.

But I don't think Finley is a liability. He is a great player for the club, with great potential. I know he gets sent off a lot, but he is quality. Same with Scholes at United, he was a quality midfielder but he got silly bookings all the time and got sent off every other week, but it didn't take away his ability.

And I think the club have been trying to do something about it. I've read about a bonus clause in his contract about bookings?

Gahgan was turning into a liability, to be honest.

But I don't think Finley is a liability. He is a great player for the club, with great potential. I know he gets sent off a lot, but he is quality. Same with Scholes at United, he was a quality midfielder but he got silly bookings all the time and got sent off every other week, but it didn't take away his ability.

And I think the club have been trying to do something about it. I've read about a bonus clause in his contract about bookings?

Lay off the cannabis!!!. You don't half talk some tosh.

Scholes got sent off every other week?????

Finley is NOT learning from his red cards. And the fact that one week he is there and then goes missing through suspension is NOT good for building a team of winners. I think he is a great player, but if he is not going to be there week in and week out, maybe he should go. Is he still on the market?

I didn't mean that stuff about Scholes seriously :roll:

He was great player, and even though he couldn't make a tackle and picked up silly bookings he wasn't considered to be a liability.

Where exactly did I talk tosh in that by the way? I said he's a great player to have, even if he does miss a game every now and again.

If we did get rid of him, unless he goes to a higher division, it would just make our rivals stronger, which would then be a liability to our progress.

He is one of our better players, plays passionatley everytime and certainly we miss him when hes not there. However I dont think getting shut is the answer. You could see Saturdays off happening long before he eventually went. Perhaps substituting him when he's like that may get the message through, although the lack of options on the bench may have accounted for that at least this week.

A

Is Finley a liability?

4 Red cards before Xmas is a disgrace to the club and surely the FA will be telling them that. If Gaghan and Henders have gone as part of a cost cutting exercise (why else would they go, Gaghan scored for Witton weekend!) is he not costing the club the money?

Nice to know my opinions are so valued!!! :shock:

If someone is your best player - but they miss half the games through suspension and put your club at risk of further penalties from the FA what are the options?

From what I have seen/heard Sam has always been a live wire and if you take his aggression out of his game, will he be as good on the field?

I think he went on the transfer list earlier in the season and missed a few games keeping the bench warm on top of all his suspensions.

How many clubs have come in for him?

If he was worth having someone would have come in for him by now - surely?

Sam is one if not the best player at Town and he is missing to many games , you can see when Sam is getting frustrated and it is then down to the captain to have a word with him put an arm around him if necessary but get in his ear, it is a lot down to leadership on the pitch during a game and a word might just be enough. We are lacking a bit of leadership I believe.

Is Balotelli a liability for City?

Balotelli has been available for more games :)

Sam is a great player but needs to control his temper better.

He is by far the best young player that Town have had in years, and there is only one thing that is stopping bigger clubs showing more interest in for him and that is his behaviour on the pitch.

A few weeks ago we were having this same discussion behind the dugout and someone came up with the statistic that Sam had missed 2/3 of the matches so far this season for one reason or another, but mainly because of his disiplinary record.

No matter how good a player is, a team cannot afford him to be on the field 1 match in 3, and have the added complication that they may also be down to 10 men for some of the single match he has played.

Admittedly he has now become a marked man, and the referee on Saturday gave him little or no protection, but he has got to learn to control his temper.

If he does learns from his mistakes than he should be able to grace football pitches at a much higher level, if he carries on as he is then I am sorry no one will be interested as he is a yellow or red card waiting to happen in every match.

Admittedly he has now become a marked man, and the referee on Saturday gave him little or no protection, but he has got to learn to control his temper.

I noticed the ref was having a word with him 10 or so minutes after his first booking when we had a corner. I think the referee handled it quite well, to be honest, seeing as he used up 10 minutes we could have used taking the corner to tell him to calm it down. Only thing the ref did well, though. Shocking ref.

By the way, I didn't mean Balotelli being a liability suspension-wise, but he does cause a lot of trouble for the club off the pitch. What did he do the other day, beat up a curry salesman with a rolling pin, I think? And it was during a club curfew too, at about 5 in the morning.

• 1 month later...

Is Finley a liability?

Looks like i was right as they've released him, about time the board showed some togetherness some fans were starting to think who ran the club the board or the management team.

Looks like i was right as they've released him, about time the board showed some togetherness some fans were starting to think who ran the club the board or the management team.

Just heard Gary on Radio Warrington saying that the board had nothing to do with the decision, it was totally down to the football management team.

Apparently it was by mutual agreement with no harsh words.

Also just to say to Sam, good luck in the future, and thank you for your enthusiasm and effort for the team.

Just heard Gary on Radio Warrington saying that the board had nothing to do with the decision, it was totally down to the football management team.

Apparently it was by mutual agreement with no harsh words.

Also just to say to Sam, good luck in the future, and thank you for your enthusiasm and effort for the team.

The last line of your sentence Apparently it was by mutual agreement with no harsh words. is correct - the first sentence I think you have slightly misheard. The board and the management work as a team.

Any how lets all move on now.