Macclesfield Cup match ON

Gary

Just to confirm tonight's game is ON and Macclesfield say there are no problems with their pitch.

Judging by the number of calls I am getting there should be a good following from the barmy army!

Does any one else know when Warrington Town last played a Football League team in a competitive fixture?

what about Liverpool how long ago was that?

Senior cup nearly five years ago - my first game for years and it got me hooked - but it was only their youth team.

Probably be Macc's second string tonight as they have a big FA Cup replay next Tuesday.

Wilko reckons 40 going from the barmy army - and the directors are also out in force tonight!:roll:

If my experience at Tranmere Rovers with Woodley Sports the other week is anything to go by, I am sure it will be an enjoyable night for everyone, supporters and directors.

Not every week you get the chance to take a look around a football league ground, generating ideas and speaking to bigger clubs on ideas to attract/keep supporters interested.

Good luck to Town tonight

Top performance from Warrington last night and although it wasn't Macc's full strength team they still had four first teamers playing and their entire squad are full time professionals - the fact Warrington actually finished the game in extra time looking for more likely to win showed total commitment from our players.

Proud to be Chairman and really enjoyed the taste of playing at a football league club - there certainly didn't look like a four division gulf between the two clubs - in fact it looked a pretty evenly balanced contest - with Warrington having the best clear cut chances - even Macc's Chairman admitted it was Warrington who deserved to be the in the next round.

Shame we lost Hickey and Collins through injury as if they had stayed on the pinch I reckon we would have finished off a couple of those chances in extra time.

Well done to Joey and the boys and also to our Santa barmy army for fantastic support.

Hope to see you all against Skem on Saturday.

I don't want to ruin our fun, but Macclesfield are easily the worst team in the football league and the worst profesional team in Europe. But they would still challenge for mid-table in the Blue Square North, so it is still a great performance from us, and from what I have heard it we deserved to win. It was a shame we had to be knocked out on pens. Hopefully we can take this form into the Skem game and close the 15 point gap between us.

Is it right what I heard about Hickey, Maddo an Collins going off Injured?

The fact that a full time pro team could only create two real chances in two hours of football against us was a credit to how we played. We looked like the full time team last night. Cant thank joey, stu, rick and the lads enough for the effort, commitment, skill and pride they showed last night. Fantastic effort from all, hope we can bounce back and take the game to Skem on saturday!