Everyone knows Amy Winehouse died BUT ??

tara_dad

Everyone knows Amy Winehouse died!!!

Who is Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, and Sheldon Tate 27?

They are Soldiers that gave their lives this last two week.

There is no media for them - not even a mention of their names. Honor THEM . I did, will you...

• Upvote 2

tara_dad, you make a very valid and poignant point, we as a nation are extremely remiss at showing our appreciation to those young men and women that have had there lives so tragically snatched away from them, I do believe that the media (as usual) are negligent in not giving news coverage (other than a mention on the ticker tape scrolled at the bottom of the screens on the news channels) unless there is some other factor involved such as an air accident where they are quick to capitalize if controversy is involved.

I really don't have an easy answer for you as in my opinion the media management in this country are ALL scum. :angry:

Well that’s you banned when Gary sees that Algy :mrgreen:

An extremely valid point Steve but this is only the life through the eyes of the media. Some would argue that one life can never be more valuable than another but I I think the vast majority of the public would agree the death of a soldier has more meaning than that of an entertainer.

Bill :)

Algy has an understandable dislike of the media and, indeed, said some time ago that he has not bought a newspaper for years because of it. Unfortunately, this simply means he loses the small role he could have played in influencing the media.

He still, apparently, watches the news on TV (which is just as bad as the print media).

The trouble is, newspapers have discovered that their sales increase when they report the death of an Amy Winehouse, but not when they report the death of a soldier. Newspapers are a business, just like any other, so they provide the product they know will increase their sales. They can ignore the likes of Algy, because he has stopped buying them anyway.

I wonder if he has a similar dislike for, say, the food industry, which also serves up products which are not good for us because they make more money?

Actually, of course, there are plenty of excellent, responsible newspapers. But by and large they have much smaller circulations that the gutter tabloids.

Me and my mates were in the shop, flicking through the sports sections in the newspapers,..

I can't believe you could be so heartless to do this when SOLDIERS ARE DYING!!!

And there's been no mention of heroic firemen either.

Tsk.

When's X Factor back on then?