legend??

burgerman

The sponsor went out of business and sold the outfit to a charity apparently! :evil:

is there anyway of finding out which charity? i just think that the legend is a great publicity tool for the club! perhaps offering the charity some free sponsorship on his shirt for us to have it back.

I know now... the Legend was a 'panther/leopard' type beastie created by a student at Boteler High who won a competition to design a mascot for your club... and it was sponsored by 'PM'

Once again I don't really need you Peter :P:lol:

I know now... the Legend was a 'panther/leopard' type beastie created by a student at Boteler High who won a competition to design a mascot for your club... and it was sponsored by 'PM'

Once again I don't really need you Peter :P:lol:

You do really. for motivation. :wink:

I agree Shareza and if the last one has gone 'missing' then I'm sure it wouldn't cost a lot to get a new one.

I'm sure Gary would contribute from his vast wealth :lol: or the supporters could walk round with a tin or donate :wink:

You can get some really good ones for between ?200 and ?400 and I'm sure they would be even cheaper on ebay :wink:

Seems a small price to pay eh :wink:

I agree Shareza and if the last one has gone 'missing' then I'm sure it wouldn't cost a lot to get a new one.

I'm sure Gary would contribute from his vast wealth :lol: or the supporters could walk round with a tin or donate :wink:

You can get some really good ones for between ?200 and ?400 and I'm sure they would be even cheaper on ebay :wink:

Seems a small price to pay eh :wink:

I think Gary contributes enough! (and certainly has no vast wealth!)

Update for you all

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/articles/10372/1/Reward-for-missing-mascot/Page1.html

I think Gary contributes enough! (and certainly has no vast wealth!)

Worth a try though :lol::wink:

If you don't happen to find 'the Legend' :cry: (I sort of like him now I've seen him) do you know who made it or where it was bought from and whether they could get/make you another ? that's if you want it to be the same as a different one may be cheaper ?

Depending on the cost I recon it would be really easy to raise the money and I have a few ideas which could boost what the supporters may contribute but it may involve Gary's Warrington Worldwide help and maybe a phone call to some local businesses or other people etc .

Should be too hard as its for a local team especially as the old one went 'missing' and it was designed by a local youngster :D

We are already fund-raising for the new all weather pitch, a new playing surface for next season, boards on the ground and sponsors- there is a limit to how many times you can keep asking for money.

If the supporters club want to do some fund-raising for a new mascot I have no issue with that. :wink:

Ah but who are you targetting with your fundraising Gary.... Barmy and pals could target the smaller normal people :lol::wink:

Seeing as though the sad tale about your missing 'Legend' is on here and also in the guardian today then it would be a shame not to strike while the iron's hot Barmy :wink:

If he's not found in the next two weeks then here's my suggested "Barmy Plan Of Action".

No point in asking people and small businesses for donations for a new mascot until you know what you want to buy and how much it will cost SO

1. Find the mascot costume that you want and how much it is.

2. Have a follow up story on how the Original Legend has not been found and how the young supporters of the club are trying their best to raise some money so they can buy a new one asap (picture of whichever one you chose and cost etc AND OF YOU & YOUR FUNDRAISERS) say...BOO HOO... poor kids... donations please :lol:

(You need to be on the photo so you can take the clipping with you as aditional proof of who you are and what you are doing when you go asking for donations... more below :wink:

3. Going around businesses collecting money could be tricky as you are young and they wont know who you so some would be wary of handing over cash UNLESS YOU TAKE A LETTER FROM THE CLUB which has a contact number and details of what YOU are doing and your press cuttings above too (Gary's home number would do ha ha ha).... or they could give cheques made out to the club or you could just ask them to sign your PLEDGE sheet and put how much they promise to give once your target amount is reached.

In the mean time how about someone walking round with blue and yellow 'Return of the Legend' buckets at matches for people to throw their loose change into.... oooh but you probably do that already DAMN :oops::lol:

Tell you what I'll shut up now but as I've bored you with all that and made it sound far too complicated

Barmy.....I've got a ?20 note in my pocket (makes a change for me to have money) but I will pledge it to you to start your Mascot fundraising off... not much but every little helps :wink::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I guess 'he' wasnt found then :cry:

So Barmy 2 weeks have already gone so are you going to start something or just talk about it :?:wink:

People like me are already starting to forget about the sad 'Legend' tale and I might accidentally spend my ?20 on something else if you don't get a move on :P