Removed to prevent copyright infringement

algy

Egbert I would have thought the copyright would have long lapsed on these pictures, also I am not placing them here for financial gain purely to give those that reside in Warrington and the surrounding area the benefit of experiencing what the the town was like over the past few hundred years, however seeing as you are concerned I shall remove them.

Please don't remove them Algy as they are wonderful to see.

Sadly Warrington Library/Museum only have a handful of old Warrington photo's on their own website for people to view despite their very large collection that they have acquired over the years. Very sad really as we should be able to see them all IMO.

As far as I am aware as the photo's you have uploaded are historical and the person/people who would have actually taken them will not be alive now there is no infringement on copyright :wink:

Interesting as they are, Algy, I hope you are not breaching anyone's copyright by publishing these pictures?

The jury's still out on whether Egbert was trying to put the 'frighteners' on, genuine advice or just being downright unsociable. :roll:

Algy.

I can assure you I was not suggesting you remove them. My comment was made out of genuine concern.

Just because the photographer is now deceased does not mean the pictures are not someone's copyright. If, for instance, you are scanning them from a recently published book without permission, they could be the copright of the author. And the fact that you are not making financial gain is irrelevant.

However, I am not suggesting for one minute that you remove them. As I said before, I find them very interesting.

Algy.

I can assure you I was not suggesting you remove them. My comment was made out of genuine concern.

Just because the photographer is now deceased does not mean the pictures are not someone's copyright. If, for instance, you are scanning them from a recently published book without permission, they could be the copright of the author. And the fact that you are not making financial gain is irrelevant.

However, I am not suggesting for one minute that you remove them. As I said before, I find them very interesting.

Nice one Eggy....

Bloody Hell...... :cry::cry::cry:

Algy

Thanks for sharing all those wonderful old photo's with us all, many of which I have never seen despite having most of the published books on Warrington's past myself. Every day I waited in eagerness to see what was coming next.

It is so very sad that you have felt it necessary to remove them all from here and did you know that in the past weeks your more recent uploads of old photos have received more than 3000 forum viewings.

I wonder how many viewings the library/museums online collection have received in the same amount of time. Very few I would imagine as they have only a very small handful of local images online which considering who they are I find very annoying indeed but maybe that is because they prefer to use them all for financial gain. Some of my mums photo's are in their books and they never asked her permission to use them when she kindly lent them to a lady many years ago :?

I note that what few images they do have online say copyright of the museum but how can that be so when they have not taken the photo's but have been given/loaned or acquired most of them over the years. They should be available for ALL TO SEE !!

Such a shame Algy but I understand why after such a comment you have now felt it may be necessary to remove them 'just incase' but they will be missed and I guess we are all very lucky to have seen them even if just for a short time.

Just a pitty that many other people wont be as lucky as we all have been and thanks to you we have an insight into the past era's, lives and conditions in Warrington.

Oh and and the way.... one of your photo collections which showed the slums and living conditions had a photo of Dolmans Lane in it. Meant nothing to me other than being a very interesting photo showing what life was like and obviosuly we all had a chat about living conditions at the time.

Well seems that one of my ancesters may have lived in that very lane in 1834. Mkes me wonder how I am here today after seeing how they lived so thanks again Algy :D

... but such a shame that they have now all gone :cry: