Doctor on Call?

observer

I hope your dad's ok too Obs. Never tried to get a doctor to come out but I know my mother in law has had one out to her in the past few weeks. Think it was in the daytime though.

The out of hours Garven Place service is pretty good though and they do have real doctors there so it's not just receptionists or nurses making the phone diagnosis.

It has just occurred to me that on many occasions when my mother-in-law has phoned for advice or pressed her 'panic beeper' an operator talks to her but more often than not an ambulance has been sent out as a matter of course due to her age and condition (diabetic)

Thankfully though she has only actually been taken to hospital once and despite all the flashing lights and vehicles on many visits a cup of tea and a round of toast has usually cured her.

Can't be too careful though and its good to know that they do turn up that they are always lovely to her.

Must cost the NHS a fortune though when, like Obs says, a doctor on call could help :? But would they get there as quickly though ?

Fortunately, he has a "panic beeper", which he used, and an ambulance was summoned BUT, as I'd been contacted and got there first, I cancelled the ambulance, and tried for the Doc just to settle his mind. As it's turned out, after a ten minute phone call to the surgery today, trying to get past a receptionist - the Doctor has turned out, and gave him a clean bill of health. So panic over - trouble is, as you get older, you begin to think every "turn" could be your last. :cry:

Fortunately, he has a "panic beeper", which he used, and an ambulance was summoned BUT, as I'd been contacted and got there first, I cancelled the ambulance, and tried for the Doc just to settle his mind. As it's turned out, after a ten minute phone call to the surgery today, trying to get past a receptionist - the Doctor has turned out, and gave him a clean bill of health. So panic over - trouble is, as you get older, you begin to think every "turn" could be your last. :cry:

Didn't realise that you were that old obs? Must be all that weird food that you cook. :roll: