New camera club Flickr group

P J

Below is a link to a Flickr group called Warrington Worldwide Camera Club. It may be a way to run and vote on comps though I'm still not sure how we will do that. Either way Flickr accounts are free and it makes things easier when you want to post an image on here as you just copy and paste the link info.

See what you all think and if you reckon its a goer I'll leave it up.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1564516@N25/

Help PJ (already I know, sorry) :oops:

But I have noticed that whenever I click the link from here my photo's aren't visible unless I am actually logged into Flickr ... yours (PJ's) are visible though.

And Peter only shows up if I am logged in too but it doens't show his photo either although I can view it by clicking on his 'member name' and then it takes me to his actual 'photostream' rather than showing them on the group page.

I think I must have done something wrong ... again :lol::oops:

Peter didn't add his picture to the group yet Dizzy so you won't see his picture there but on his photostream. I signed out of flickr and followed the link to the group and I couldn't see your images either Dizzy. Have you set any privacy settings on them such as only cotacts or friends??

Some great pictures Algy... :D:D

PJ... I sorted my odd problem last night.

It was my own fault as although all the photos were set to 'public' I had changed my profile 'privacy and permissions' to HIDE my photo's and personal details from Public Services and Searches (API Searches) done from outside of Flickr.

Reason... I was quite shocked the other day when I did a google search on images of Stockton Heath and Walton and loads of MY OWN photo's came up which now explains why a local website has some of MY pics on some of their pages too :shock:

Guess the way around it is not to name your photo so specifically eh :lol::lol: Not a problem though and I just wont upload pcs of family or of the kids as they'd thump me if they finished up on google :lol::oops:

Dizy,

I only put ip images I am ready to share with the World on open display, although Flickr does have a family setting which means you can set individual images to be viewable only by people you have added as a family member.

If a website has used your images without your permission they are doing so illegally as you own the copyright. Is it a commercial site Dizzy?

Welcome aboard Victor, looking forward to seeing your pictures.

We're getting quite a nice sized group now.

How about we all have a go at popping a few pictures on the Flickr page and also try to add any critique you may have about other peoples stuff. Try to be as honest as possible as its a great way to learn both ways.

Cool... but that's not fair cos he's got a really posh camera too :lol:

Just because someone (I am generalising now and not pointing at Gary) has the equipment it does not neccessarily mean they know how to use it Dizz, you must have heard the saying "All the gear and no idea" I for instance am very much a point and press person, it's only when something stares me in the face that I will compose a shot.

So what I'm saying is let everyonr be judged on merit. :wink:

Don't worry Peter by the time I went out it had gone all grey and miserable again. I still took my camera to take some of Stockton Heath village but they are all grey and gloomy and there was so much traffic it was hard to get any decent photos anyway :cry:

Got some more of potholes that have appeared though... I'm starting to get excited when I spot new ones :oops::oops::lol:

Also got a couple of strange ones in the graveyard :?:shock: I'll upload them on here and in the camera club flickr area in a bit :?:lol: