New camera club Flickr group

P J

Welcome aboard JimmyMac. You should all check out his opening post into the group, it is of the highest quality, well done and thanks for sharing.

JimmyMac put a lot of photos on here of Warrington a couple of years ago. He said he would come back and take some more after the bus station was complete.

JimmyMac put a lot of photos on here of Warrington a couple of years ago. He said he would come back and take some more after the bus station was complete.

You get funny looks hanging around the Interchange with a camera :D

Hope life is good and nice to see that you still look in.

Dizzy, with the quality on show, I am tempted to remove mine.

Don't do that Peter :shock:

The way I look at it is that we can only get better as we have more to learn... and we are learning by chatting and by looking at other group members photos too.

One day we will shock and amaze them when we take a really great shot whereas we are now expecting nothing but perfection from them :wink::lol:

Saying that has anyone else noticed how boring Victor's Flickr group photo page is :lol::lol:

Victor you muppet... now that you have been accepted as a member you are supposed to upload some of YOUR photos too and not just look at everyone elses :roll::lol::P:lol:

Don't do that Peter :shock:

The way I look at it is that we can only get better as we have more to learn... and we are learning by chatting and by looking at other group members photos too.

One day we will shock and amaze them when we take a really great shot whereas we are now expecting nothing but perfection from them :wink::lol:

Saying that has anyone else noticed how boring Victor's Flickr group photo page is :lol::lol:

Victor you muppet... now that you have been accepted as a member you are supposed to upload some of YOUR photos too and not just look at everyone elses :roll::lol::P:lol:

Thats the spirit, its not a competition its a shared enjoyment.

God that sounds corny, even for me :lol:

PJ... is there a way of using the image link from Flickr to directly display a photo on here. I tried yesterday but it put a link to press rather than displaying the image.

At the moment I'm having to upload them to the group page on Flickr but also having to upload them to photobucket if I want to show them on here and it is taking me AGES due to the size of my photo files :?

I know I can make it quicker by saving a reduced size copy first but then that's yet another 'task' to do.

Ta :wink:

I doubt anyone would want to pinch mine Algy :lol:

I do resize them after uploading to photobucket to post on here but I upload the full sized ones into Flickr.

Guess you are right though and I'll just copy and resize them all (leaving the originals as they are of course) prior to uploading them anywhere it will be a pain though :?

Dizzy rewinds......

It will be easy :D

I just remembered about SD's clever tip of using DROPLETS :D:D

Still doesn't answer the question of wether I can post a link from flickr directly on here to actually display an image rather than using photobucket though :?

Mornin all (just about).

I've been out of it for a few days, I'd just like to say thanks to Dizzy and Sue for their tips, as I am now geting nearer to where I want to be with my pictures. There's a long way to go yet, but to me the improvement so far is amazing. :)

Great to hear that Wingy and keep trying it's fun eh

Upload some so we can all see what you've been upto.... PS you've not joined the new WW Camera Club on Flickr yet :cry::cry::wink:

PJ... is there a way of using the image link from Flickr to directly display a photo on here. I tried yesterday but it put a link to press rather than displaying the image.

At the moment I'm having to upload them to the group page on Flickr but also having to upload them to photobucket if I want to show them on here and it is taking me AGES due to the size of my photo files :?

I know I can make it quicker by saving a reduced size copy first but then that's yet another 'task' to do.

Ta :wink:

Hi Dizzy,

Sorry for the delay in replying but yes there is a quick way to post images here from flickr

1. double click the image you wish to upload in your photostream.

2.Click on the "share this" box above the image and then click on "grab the HTML/BBCode"

3. choose the size image you want( I use medium)

4.Click the BBCode button

5. use your mouse to highlight the text from [ito[/i] img] like in the picture.

6. Paste into your message for the forum. make sure there are no stray characters before or after the [img bits as its a bit tricky sometimes picking up the text.

Post message and there you go.

flickrdoc1.jpg