New University of Chester Library - Fearnhead

Geoff Settle

Originally posted by culchethleyther:

Can anyone tell me if the Blue Car park fills up on a Saturday. I want to catch a train from Birchwood on Saturday mid-morning and don't want to arrive to find I can't park.

Don't know about the car park situation other than that there is some foolish parking taking place around the station forecourt itself. If you're taking the train into Manchester, you could potentially catch a bus from Culcheth to Birchwood.

On an unrelated issue does train travel from Birchwood entitle you to a free tram ride across central Manchester as does a ticket from Glazebrook?
No. Only tickets to "MANCHESTER CTLZ" from stations in Greater Manchester* allow free travel on the Metrolink. You could perhaps make use of the free Manchester city centre shuttle bus or alternatively I think a "MANCHESTER STNS" ticket will allow you to travel between Piccadilly and Victoria changing at Salford Crescent.

* For the purposes of this conversation, Glazebrook station is classed as being in Greater Manchester due to its proximity to the Glaze Estate in Cadishead.

I think that the parking restrictions like others are excempt during the weekend - BUT - please check the signs.

Getting back to the theme I hadn't realised that the new Library is named after Steve Broomhead who spent quite a while at the college leading up to it fianlly getting University Status so a fitting tribute indeed.

:D