Benefit Cuts -

observer

Osbourne is set to increase surveillance and prosecution of "benefit cheats" ( Baz cheers!); and has threatened to stop benefits for up to 4 years for offenders. Right - so they cut the benefits of some chav; so s/he resorts to crime (car burgalries are already on the increase), to make up the short fall. Assuming there are enough Police left to catch him, and court staff to try him - he gets put in prison at a cost to the tax-payer. Ooops forgot, not enough prison officers or prison space to detain him - so he's released to carry on thieving. Wouldn't it be easier just to give him the money in benefits and thus save the hassle? :?

I know all about their negativity, but to a certain extent, that is there because they have fallen deep into the benefits well provided by the state and have no idea how to get out. Some of them certainly need a good boot up the backside to get them going, but you might be surprised at what can change people when they are shown how to get out of the mire.

I do agree, however, that there may not be many jobs around, but as has been said before, they have to be 'persuaded' to apply for the ones that ARE there, whatever they may be.

The system is at fault, we need a new system that works!

There will always people who will try and abuse any system that hands out money. May be we need a better system to stop all the fraudulent claims?

I am sure that there are a lot of legal and honest claims out there for benefits of all descriptions and as always it is the few scroungers that abuse the system that spoils it for every one else!

Surely in this age of databases and surveillance, abuse can be halted straightaway at source or claim without costly court proceedings that add even more cost to the over burden tax payer?

The issue of "benefit fraudsters" is fairly clear, they are clearly NOT entitled to a particular benefit in the first place and are so greedy and stupid, that they do sport and black market jobs while supposedley sick - so keep filming them, and sending them to prison - assuming we've enough prison space! :wink:

You don't want justice Baz you want revenge :!:

not at all Kije...... I just want SOMETHING....... at the moment they get no punishment except for a slap on the wrist and taxpayer funded rehabilitation programmes which also don't work, otherwise we wouldn't have re-offenders.

As I said, too many years of inaction by the liberal rulers has caused a huge problem for this country

I don't want them to work....... working is for "normal" law abiding people. Work is something which non criminals should do.

Criminals shouldn't work, unless it is in chain gangs cleaning sewerage works, helping to clear cow dung from farm yards, breaking big rocks and ending up with grains of sand..... leave the work to the workers and make the criminals have punishment