Magic Weekend, A Summary

Oli30045

Highlights of the weekend:

- The win for Warrington, obviously

- Seeing Kevin Penny score a good try

- Penny getting a good reception from Warrington fans

- People in fancy dress (Morphsuits especially!)

- Jarrod (sp?) Sammut's try, terrific

Lowlights:

- Wigan and Stains winning against poor opposition

- Hull KR fans, who we sat with for the first half of their game. They were turning on each other and although I know it is not all of them, they generally weren't nice people...

- Conceding 16 points to a poor Salford side (I don't ask much :wink: )

What about others?

Oli, if you aren't happy with a 52 point score difference, then it will be impossible to keep you happy. I've been to all 4 Magic events and everyone I met over the weekend really enjoyed it. Last night our party had a discussion and the main thread of the conversation was how to progress either Magic or something similar. We all agreed that Clubs need to sell the event better by selling weekend packages at discounted rates and making coach travel readily available and as cheap as possible.

My lowlight was the attitude of some of the Edinburgh doorman on Saturday night and the idiot running a disco in one of the pubs, who threw a bottle at one of our party after he placed it on the front of the stage.

Oli, if you aren't happy with a 52 point score difference, then it will be impossible to keep you happy. I've been to all 4 Magic events and everyone I met over the weekend really enjoyed it. Last night our party had a discussion and the main thread of the conversation was how to progress either Magic or something similar. We all agreed that Clubs need to sell the event better by selling weekend packages at discounted rates and making coach travel readily available and as cheap as possible.

My lowlight was the attitude of some of the Edinburgh doorman on Saturday night and the idiot running a disco in one of the pubs, who threw a bottle at one of our party after he placed it on the front of the stage.

I was happy with the 52 winning margin, just thought that their tries were a bit soft. I think the fact that we were winning by so much meant that we dropped down a gear anyway...

I enjoyed the weekend, highlights was a return train ticket for ?26, a fantastic Warrington Win with us now showing consistency in abundance. Meeting up with fellow RL friends.

The low points was the cold, the very poor attendances, the price of the bottles of beer and food.

For me the RFL have to seriously consider if this is working, because although I enjoyed the weekend, I would not return again to Edinburgh it was an expensive weekend.

I have been to all the Magic weekends and Edinburgh just dosen't do it for me, although I have to say I did enjoy Cardiff.

This was my 1st Magic Weekend. The wife and kids enjoyed it, because whilst I was at the matches she was enjoying Edinburgh sites etc.

I enjoyed the games and the banter between fans, but it was cold! The drinks and food were poor and expensive at the ground, and ought to be improved.

Highlight was our great win, and low light was I thought Saints looked the best side on show!!

Due to the poor attendances perhaps it might be a good idea to stage the event in a smaller city such as Norwich Ipswich Derby or Coventry which all have smaller stadiums more suited to the number of spectators the event attracts. There's nothing worse if you're watching it on TV than to observe what is practically an empty stadium. It should make for an improved atmosphere for paying speccies also.

I was happy with the 52 winning margin, just thought that their tries were a bit soft. I think the fact that we were winning by so much meant that we dropped down a gear anyway...

The 'old Wire' would have dropped down several gears after going 20 points ahead. This team kept going. You have to bear in mind that we kept them scoreless for over an hour and the last try had more than a touch of luck about it.