Catalan Fans

Wolfette

Sorry but for me kick them out of Superleague.

They brought about 20 fans today, this is not putting the coffers into our Club. I would much rather have Widnes or Leigh with a great atmosphere and more money through the turnstiles. The same can be said of Quins too.

Lets bring back the local derbies and keep rugby league in the North where it began and where it is well supported.

Sorry I have to disagree.

Yes Les Cats did only bring a minibus full but all week there has been problems with air travel and it must have been one heck of a journey to get here.

I love our annual trip to the South of France and I don't think we should make RL into a M62 corridor game.

I too love playing Widnes and Leigh but we don't have to chuck out Les Cats just to achieve this.

I agree, would have preferred to see a Widnes derby game today.

Yes I agree but we can have both, its not an either or.

teams like cats and harlequinns are keeping the likes of widnes out.

would love to see cullen back as opposition coach. he would get a belting reception in my book.

Sorry but for me kick them out of Superleague.

They brought about 20 fans today, this is not putting the coffers into our Club. I would much rather have Widnes or Leigh with a great atmosphere and more money through the turnstiles. The same can be said of Quins too.

Ah so I now understand the rules of Rubgy. It all about raising money for the clubs and the team with the most supporters willing/able to travel and pay overall WINS :D

Well I feel sorry for the 20 fans you mention who went to all the trouble of coming all this way (especially with the problems with flights and transport etc) only to see their team get battered. :cry::D:D

Let's not forget the cost involved with the Catalans fans coming over here. Try to imagine us playing in the French League, how often would you travel?

There's teams closer to home who need to have their SL status removed, such as Quins and Salford. Replace them with Widnes and Falihax and you'll have a good mix.

Eagle makes a good point with home fans filling up the stadium.

I agree, would have preferred to see a Widnes derby game today.

Yes I agree but we can have both, its not an either or.

err no we can't because they only have 14 super league franchises up for grabs!

Boot the frogs, Welsh and Cockneys into touch and bring back Widnes, Leigh and Featherstone for starters - then we need to look at having the likes of Workington or Barrow back - the real rugby league heartlands!

It is almost criminal that these reugby league heartlands have been ignored in the quest to feed Murdoch's greed!

i agree kick the french out dont make excuses about the air problems theyve played here 4 times now and hardlly brought anyone overf each time i hate games when its all home

its gonna be very intresting next year when they kick someone out we should just stick to 1 up 1 down its far more exciting

An East Stand packed with Widnes spectators generates around ?45.000 for the club...Are you suggesting that in the interests of expansionism that this revenue should be just ignored ? I shouldn't think the management of the club think along those lines. All clubs factor in the revenue visiting spectators bring with them. If they don't then they are very poor businessmen. Saying that the home club should generate it's own crowd is a tired worn out old cliche.

In my opinion Widnes should never have been excluded from Superleague. If you take your mind back it was proposed that Warrington and Widnes should merge in Superleague. It could quite easily have been the Wire in the position that Widnes are in today.

Half agree, half disagree.

Half agree..... They do only bring a handful of fans to away games which you can understand, they dont put money into our club based on those fans but that doesn't really bother me much, people on a budget cant afford to go to France even if they wanted to and shouldnt be made to fork out ?300-?500 including spends on a regular SL fixture.

Half disagree.... They have a very good fan base at home and average there attendances at more than Salford, Wakefield, Quins, Celtic and Castleford, also unlike those teams they have a fairly decent ground which is currently being improved. The game is taking off in the south of France and i like many enjoy the weekend away, also the first two years of them being in the SL you have to say they have added to the game as a whole, yes there a bit disappointing this year but do have a few off the field problems.

Conclusion.... I wouldn't be disappointed nor happy if they got thrown out of the SL but teams like those mentioned above deserve to go first based on the licencing rules and i certainly wouldn't throw them out because they dont bring many fans or spend money in our clubshop.