Some one to blame

Lt Kije

An interesting line of thought, to some extent true - but there's a presumption that all baby boomers were in control of events: such as the de-industrialisation of the Country in favour of the sole reliance on the finance and service sectors - many baby boomers will have suffered the loss of skilled manual jobs in factories. Now we borrow money from China in order to buy goods from China! So whilst broadly speaking, a generation has enjoyed a peak in economic prosperity, they were not necessarilly responsible for it's demise. :?

I've been in hospital :(

Damn them curable diseases!!!

Aww we missed you really didn't we everyone..................

we did didn't we?

aww come on give the lad some support.... he's been ill! :lol:

40 years of being out in all weathers performing hard manual work to achieve a very modest private pension(which I paid for myself) and I'm to blame for the bleak future for the generation following me ? Don't think so matey !!

Not Guilty M'Lud

Hardly the fault of the lower orders that the young have very limited career opportunities.

Life's a bit like a party, we arrived just in time for the buffet and ate all the pies and drank all the beer - just a lucky generation ! :wink: And now the party's getting rather cosmopolitan, there's a problem with the central heating, and the music's too loud - time to slip away and leave the youngsters to it! :wink: Trouble is, while we paid cash for the pies, the youngsters want to use their credit cards! :lol:

Ah you baby boomers you had it all and spent it, all I can say it was not me I'm not old enough. :wink:

Sorry Safeway, but your generation are responsible for all societies ills, After all you had the sixties will all of that free love and smoking herbal cigarettes, its pay back time :wink:

Errm, "spent it"? Not quite Kyje, we had to live somewhere, so there's assetts to spend yet, before the kids see us off! :wink: And where there used to be 4 to pay tax to keep a dribbling old wrinkly in an EPH, there will only be 2 of the next generation - so loads of tax for them to look forward to - and don't forget the schools/hospitals built on PFI, which they'll be paying for too! :lol: btw Kyje, a soft hippy, toga wearing, sandal creeping, bearded, pot smoking minority where responsible for the social disfunctions of today, and their liberal minded successors have merely compounded their folly. :twisted: