The new religion?

observer

Obs,

when you think about it, not everyone and every business is in recession you know. there are still millions and millions of people in work and with the exception of the local Wollies, there heven't been a great deal of closures around here so people still have money to spend....

I know - I'm refering to the propaganda`we've been fed by the politicians - either that's untrue or folk are still splashing out with their credit cards on things they can't really afford - which suggests we havn't learnt anything and are destined to repeat the crunch experience again? But on another tack, I thought if folk set aside just one day in the week to reflect on their priorities, they may decide that consumerism isn't one of them? :?

I know - I'm refering to the propaganda`we've been fed by the politicians - either that's untrue or folk are still splashing out with their credit cards on things they can't really afford
So now you feel it is just propoganda, whereas wehen a similar discussion came up in July, and I said the majority of people were unaffected by the credit crunch, in fact more than that, most still working will be considerably better off due to prices dropping and ridiculously low mortgage rates, you totally disagreed?

We've clearly had major financial issues, but the media as usual nowadays have to fill 24 hour news programmes, so blow everything out of proportion to keep a stroy running.

I will grant you, your crusade against any form of credit is consistent though.

Can I just ask what you were doing in town on Sunday Obs? Clearly not spending the sabbath at home with family in quiet contemplation of your priorities..... :twisted:
You should know by now that Obs is the arch proponent of 'do as I say, not as I do'. His rants on traffic violations are particularly entertaining and hypocritical. :wink:

LP, it was reported to me by someone who was trying to find a car park - I spent the sabbath at home. :roll: Fats: still smarting over your bad driving habits being identified?! :lol: No, I didn't say everyone was affected by the credit crunch, the Gov did: I merely contrasted that with my observations of continued mass spending, and wondered whether this was with cash or credit - if the latter, we've clearly not learnt anything have we?! :roll:

Fats: still smarting over your bad driving habits being identified?! :lol:

Me? I thought that during the course of your box-junction rant, we established that you yourself violated some rules of the road yourself? Not really sure we identified any of mine, I freely admit to speeding on the M-way, so not sure why I would be 'smarting' about that?