Fuelling terrorism?

observer

From playing the victim since the holocaust, it would now appear that the Jews are now playing the roll of persecutor, bank-rolled by the US. Palastinian families in Jerusulem are being evicted from THEIR properties, to make room for ILLEGAL Jewish settlement. Israel is operating in violation of umpteen UN resolutions (a lot more than Saddam ever did), has a nuclear capabilitity (unlike Iran is allowed); and is now violating basic human rights in contravention of international law and the promises of a new US President. One can imagine the resentment that this causes throughout the Muslim world, and the way it feeds Islamic extremism, even into events at Fort Hood, Texas. Tory Bliar was tasked with the job of reconciling the situation in Palastine as the UN envoy - alas nothings come of that. As paymaster and patron of Israel, it would seem the US holds the key to controlling Jewish extremism, by cutting off their money supply - or would the powerfull Jewish lobby in the US just fund them seperately? This is the epi-centre of the malignant cancer that is the principle cause of Islamic terrorism - so, if Mr Brown really wants to keep OUR streets safe from terror, perhaps he should be getting his mate Tony to pull his finger out? :twisted:

Aha Obs!! You're getting the point now - there's wrong on both sides of that particular dispute. It could have all been settled peaceably decades ago but people on both sides decided that they didn't want to live in peace. It's pointless putting the blame on one side or the other. :roll::roll:

If you were evicted from your house and land would you not fight for it back or compensation :?:

Well, I wouldn't strap half a hundredweight of nails and semtex to my chest and board a bus with the intention of killing as many people as I could, no. As Asp says, neither side is innocent on this one, so it's hard to judge - but if neither side will stop fighting for longer than five minutes, it becomes irrelevant to try and settle it and pointless even discussing it. Whatever is done, one side or the other will kick off again.

I wouldn't strap half a hundredweight of nails and semtex to my chest and board a bus with the intention of killing as many people as I could,

You might after 40 years of nobody listening or giving a dam about your predicament. The World turned a blind eye to Israeli ethnic cleanzing. The Palestinians feel they have been abandoned with little access to weapons to match the Israeli's that is what they have been reduced too.

Yes there has been wrong on both sides but it started with the Isreali's.

No doubt there is wrong on both sides, none of which I condone. However, the State of Israel is currently condoning the eviction of Palastinians from their homes, at the behest of right wing extremist orthadox`Jews, who believe it is THEIR "promised" land, despite umpteen UN resolutions against their actions, which they arrogantly continue to ignore. :shock:

I know the facts asperity, How very ignorant of you to call my interpretation of the facts wrong and then not have the guts to post your own when asked. No problem with you commenting on me asperity, but if you are going to join a debate do it properly or stay out :wink:

Now have you got the guts to tell us your interpretation of the facts :!::?:

Also I didn't know you were an expert on computers, I would like to know why you think I have a computer of sorts. The Mac platform has had a fully 64 bit operating system for a number of years, unlike Pc, but you already new this as you are an expert :wink::lol::roll:

As I understand it, Palestine was partitioned by the League of Nations into a Jewish State, an Arab state and Jerusalem was UN administered. This meant resettlement of both Jews and Arabs equally, not ethnic cleansing. Just as many Jewish people lost their homes and had to resettle. More importantly, the partitioning was not done by the Israelis, it was a vote amongst the League.

When the Arab state wouldn't agree, Israel declared independence and the Arab state (Palestine now) declared war the next day. Israel also had issues with Egypt and Jordan and has signed peace treaties with both.

As far as I am aware, the Palestinians are not offering to return any land or homes to Jews who moved out. Israeli hands are not clean - there has been a lot of unacceptable conduct on both sides. However, if they can't reach agreement after 60 years, then there is not a lot to be said or done, is there? :?