Curry's SALE - computer says NO

Geoffrey Settle

We've ordered a Fridge Freezer which was due to be delivered last Thursday, however because we had to go to my step mothers funeral on the day we postponed the delivery.

We have been trying since then get them to delivered it with another item that they are delivering tomorrow.

The earliest they can maage is the 14th October because the computer says no.

It would appear that Curry's have no heart or customer service at all once they have your money.

However if you cancel the order and go and place an order for a different make then they can deliver tomorrow, no problems as the computer says YES!!!

How annoying is that - please spread the word and warn people.

Think I'd be tempted to tell them I was cancelling im full due to their lack of customer service and buying from somewhere else especially given your reason for cancelling the original scheduled delivery !

To expect you to wait another 10 days when everyone else can get next day delivery on their purchases is an infringement of your human rights... well it's not really but it seems to work for everything else :lol::lol::wink:

Just hope for your sake your purchase from Curry's does not break in the first few months (or even days)... if you think delivery problems are frustrating wait until you develop a fault like my hoover did EEK !!!

Guess they are all the same though as I'm told Argos are even worse when it comes to Fridge Freezer faults.

My neighbours new appliance didn't work from day one and it took her 6 weeks of phone calls to Argos and the manufacturers, with engineers visits, more phone calls, more visits , more phone calls before they finally admitted that the inside of the fridge shouldn't resemble the icerberg that the sunk the Titanic :shock::lol:

She was finally given a special code by the manufacturere so she could go back to Argos on the bus and ORDER another one :?:roll:

You can't argue with a computer 8)8) What about cancelling the original item, then order an identical one and have it delivered tomorrow :idea::idea:

We did suggest that but becasue it is the only one that they have in stock the computer can't handle it because it needs them to have at least one other in the warehouse :oops:

There is a charge of ?10 to be paid to process a change to the original order and because it was ordered in St Helens they said that we would have to go back to the Lancashire store. They don't take credit payments for such a transaction. :lol:

I bought some electrical goods a while back (Washing machine and dishwasher) and got 30% discount by getting discount codes from the likes of hotukdeals.co.uk Always worth a look if you are ordering anything online. You can even get 20% off your dominos pizza just by entering a code at checkout!!

I'd never buy anything without checking them out for a code or a deal first!

Come on Geoff, weren't you all for supporting local shops not so long ago? So why are you going to St Helens to buy your white goods? :lol::lol:

Well when I say we've it was my wife who went into the shop with her sister who lives in St Helens and it was her who wanted the thing. I think that she has a right to shop where she wants even if it is St Helens.

Come on Geoff, weren't you all for supporting local shops not so long ago? So why are you going to St Helens to buy your white goods? :lol::lol:

Well when I say we've it was my wife who went into the shop with her sister who lives in St Helens and it was her who wanted the thing. I think that she has a right to shop where she wants even if it is St Helens.

Words fail me. You have no complaint Geoff :roll::roll:

Stop being so picky - you'll start the old Cheshire/Lancashire - Merseside/Lancashire debates.

Anway they did deliver the new gas cooker, you could tell it was Curry's because they sped past the house at about 30mph. Whatever seed it was it was above the 20mph. I let the driver know exactly what I felt about him, especially as his opo nearly took the side gate off.

Just imagine the scene in the warehouse last night. The cooker and the freezer would have been sitting together having a chat looking forward to their new home. The Gas Cooker would have said

yipee I'm off to the Challenge Cup Winners Town tomorrow what about you

And yes you guessed it the freezer looking dejected with an icicle or two falling to the floor would have said Perhaps I'll see you in 10 days time if I'm lucky :oops:

The computer doesn't like me anymore

amc0442l.jpg