Computer License and Car Park Taxes?

Aview

Now that local and national government are in dire straights (no, not the rock band), how soon will it be before you will need to purchase a computer licence? Or have I just shot myself in the foot?

Reading the story about new car parking spaces at Warrington Bank Quay, will the only a matter of time that the government will be introducing office based car park charges and taxes collected from the employer or employee. Northampton Council may be introducing them in 2011.

Now that local and national government are in dire straights (no, not the rock band), how soon will it be before you will need to purchase a computer licence? Or have I just shot myself in the foot?

Reading the story about new car parking spaces at Warrington Bank Quay, will the only a matter of time that the government will be introducing office based car park charges and taxes collected from the employer or employee. Northampton Council may be introducing them in 2011.

It is about time they brought back the dog license first. ?100.00 a year to have one and ?1,000.00 fine instantly payable if you let one s**t or p**s anywhere in public

The car parking charges for work spaces have been banded about for years so who knows. The only problem is is the impact it would have o0n prices because if evryone had to pay say ?100.00 a year to park, they would just demand higher salary increases so the cost would be passed on anyway.

As for computer license; a bit late for that one as there are now too many in circulation to be able to control or tax; unless it is brought in as a tax like the TV license grab whereby you pay even if you don't watch or listen to BBC channels.....People will have to pay if they start banding ?1,000.00 fines for non payment and you have to prove or at least inform them you don;t have a computer like you have to with a TV set

It is about time they brought back the dog license first. ?100.00 a year to have one and ?1,000.00 fine instantly payable if you let one s**t or p**s anywhere in public

Shouldn't we stop humans from doing it in the streets first? And don't forget the cows and horses. :wink:

Shouldn't we stop humans from doing it in the streets first? And don't forget the cows and horses. :wink:

Often wondered why horse riders do not have a legal obligation clean up after their horses :shock: Surely they could carry bin sacks in their pockets :wink:

As for humans.... :evil: you only have to go into Stockton Heath churchyard to see where some leave their grubby little marks but that's cos certain idiots closed the public toilets :roll:

BazJ.....As a responsible dog owner I'd be happy to pay for a dog licence, better value for money than the TV licence that's for sure :wink:

What I don't understand though is how you expect dog owners to train their dogs not to poop or wee anywhere in public I always carry poop bags and as much as it sometimes make heave I always pick up. Are you suggesting that I and other dog owners carry a mop and bucket for our pooches wee wees too :roll:

Anyway back to 'Aviews' question...... would I buy a licence for my computer.. NO !! I've paid for it and where appropriate also paid for the the licences for my software so they can SOD OFF...SUE ME... It's a definite NO and I dont care :lol:

As for work place parking charges.. robbing bstards.

The government are spending billions on trying to get people back into work (if they can find a job these days of course) and are also spending millions on ensuring that everyone has computers internet access... they can't then charge people for doing it :evil::roll:

What I don't understand though is how you expect dog owners to train their dogs not to poop or wee anywhere in public

They make nappies and things for pooches don't they? We are swift enough to stick one on a baby when it can't control its bowel movements so why not some blooming mutt?

It may be OK picking up dog poo in a carrier bag or whatever, but what about these dogs (well usually female ones to be precise) that squat down and pee all over a patch of grass or whatever? why can' owners at least get them to pee in their own gardens BEFORE they take them out for a walk..... or if they don't have a garden, pee all over your house, not on my kids shoes so it goes all over mine!!

Still don't get the dog thing.... can you tell? I just don't know or understand why people would want a dog; lock it up in the house for 10 hours or more while they go to work and then expect it to be mans best vfriend all of a sudden..... :wink:

Never seen nappies for dogs although they do make sanitary type ones for female dogs when they are in season :shock::? Never used them though as ours was spayed as a pup :wink:

Guess there's not much that can be done about dog wees though and YES I can tell that you hate dogs (probably because you've obviously never had one :P ) :shock::lol:

Most dog owners don't BajZ.

Although I do agree that some sad owners do tend to treat them more like babies and dress them up in silly little outfits and 'bling', or carry them around in little bags thus making a complete mockery of of the poor breeds. Brainless celebrities are to blame for that :roll::evil: