Disability Awareness day Sunday July 12th

Gary

One other thing that annoyed me somewhat...... WBC Charging ?3.50 to park my car in a muddy field. They don't miss a trick when it comes to screwing parking fees out of the public in this town.... and just to ensure that no one escaped their clutches; they had a group from the parking Stasi on hand to ticket non payers

Unbelievable considering just about everything and everybody within the exhibition was a charity and probably wasn't getting paid for their time and efforts.

Paul, please voice my distaste at the next council meeting!!

I get it now... you are part of Sunday's entertainment and they wanted to check you out to make sure you wouldn't scare all the kids... and adults :P:lol:

Did you pass the test or will you have to be put in a cage in the Wally Gardens zoo for the day :P

Failed that bit. But a clue is that the Princess Royal is the patron. :wink:

She's the patron of many a good cause so that wasn't really a fair clue :P

One other thing that annoyed me somewhat...... WBC Charging ?3.50 to park my car in a muddy field. They don't miss a trick when it comes to screwing parking fees out of the public in this town.... and just to ensure that no one escaped their clutches; they had a group from the parking Stasi on had to ticket non payers

Unbelievable considering just about everything and everybody within the exhibition was a charity and probably wasn't getting paid for their time and efforts.

Paul, please voice my distaste at the next council meeting!!

Surely WBC will have the decency to donate a high percentage (say at least 50% :wink: ) of the car park takings for the day towards the various needed causes :wink:That would be really nice of them considering that charities are really struggling for donations at the moment :cry:

I didn't know I had to be fair. :wink::lol::oops::P

Nice meeting you to Baz. Pity Gary didn't take a picture of your car.

Thank you Peter.... but you want to see the one that is in my garage!!!

Good to meet you too; although I was a bit wary looking out of the shop window at someone eyeing up my shiny pride and joy! :lol:

:wink: Must admit I was expecting them to say they would donate some of it as a gesture of kindness ... guess I presumed wrong as there hasn't been a press release yet :roll::wink:

Rotten buggers :evil:

Considering a lot of first time visitors on the day may decide to visit Walton Gardens again in the future (now they have seen how nice it is) or they may tell their friends about WG......so WBC have, in effect, gained FREE publicity for the park through the D.A.D. event. As such they will of course gain even more from the car park fees and fines :wink: from all the return/new visitors.

As a local, I wont park there though as I think the prices are well over the top :lol: Not bad for a day out if you come from further afield with a car load of screaming kids though :wink:

I didn't know I had to be fair. :wink::lol::oops::P

Nice meeting you to Baz. Pity Gary didn't take a picture of your car.

Thank you Peter.... but you want to see the one that is in my garage!!!

Good to meet you too; although I was a bit wary looking out of the shop window at someone eyeing up my shiny pride and joy! :lol:

Your lad looked a bit worried as well. :wink: