Disability Awareness day Sunday July 12th

Gary

Damn I'm going to miss it... along with everything else that is happening this weekend as we're away :? Hope the sun shines for it and that it is a huge success as usual :D

Guess Gary and Indy will need a well deserved rest if they manage to cover ALL this weekends events across the town :shock:

I was there today with Calamity and friends by personal invitation. :P:D

Is there any reason why they personally invited you down to attend on Wednesday (ie 4 days before the actual event is on :lol::P) Maybe they hope you wont step foot in Walton Gardens on Sunday when everyone else goes :lol::wink::P

I get it now... you are part of Sunday's entertainment and they wanted to check you out to make sure you wouldn't scare all the kids... and adults :P:lol:

Did you pass the test or will you have to be put in a cage in the Wally Gardens zoo for the day :P

I get it now... you are part of Sunday's entertainment and they wanted to check you out to make sure you wouldn't scare all the kids... and adults :P:lol:

Did you pass the test or will you have to be put in a cage in the Wally Gardens zoo for the day :P

Failed that bit. But a clue is that the Princess Royal is the patron. :wink:

It is difficult sometimes to know what you are on about Baz :!::?:

It was a joke Sgt.... you know as in.... "20 years inside wouldn't be long enough??"!!

Stop drinking the mead and mulled wine and drink beer instead.... it may free up the liberal inside you! :lol:

What a good day it was..... I was acosted at the Shell garage on the way there by some strange looking bloke who said "you must be Baz!!"

It was Peter who had noticed the slightly uncommon bright blue Corsair on the forecourt while picking up his Sunday paper (He tried to hide it.... but I definately saw "Sunday Sport" on the cover!!)

Good to meet you Peter!!

On arriving, I say Paul Kennedy being hounded by a steward; who took off towards the Hall before I could say hello.... I did keep a look out throughout the next 2 hours, but to no avail. "Hello Paul" anyway!. Also said hello to Gary; who was very busy taking pictures of stuffed animals like Wolfie (a certain irony in that statement I think judging by some performances of the Wire lately!!)

A great day out and a massive event now compared to what it was a few years ago when we first went. I'll never have to buy another pen all year now!

Thanks to all; especially the womens rugby team who kept my little boy so entertained in the sports area.....

I can't wait until next year now!

Baz

Another terrific, highly successful DAD which everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy.

The lads from Thorn Cross deserve a special mention for playing a really major role in making the day slick from commencing at 6:45 to finishing at 20:30. All involved in the day benefit greatly from their excellent service and many exhibitors had nothing but praise for them. Some even suggested it was the most organised event they have ever been to.

Roll on next year!