Order, order.

observer

Well a new speaker gets elected today; out of the 10 candidates that the Telegraph had exposed as binge tax abusers - so no change there then. :twisted: No change either for the promised root and branch reforms that are required to bring our Governance into the 21st century; it's quite clear that the two main Parties have an interest in maintaining the see-saw politics of the past, as usual, the Party comes before the People. :shock::roll:

The job pays ?140,000 a year, plus a very nice apartment and a double pension ( an MPs + a Speakers) which will equate to about half a Speaker's salary. Normally also get a Peerage.

so mr speaker has had a good day all round then?? :lol:

The job pays ?140,000 a year, plus a very nice apartment and a double pension ( an MPs + a Speakers) which will equate to about half a Speaker's salary. Normally also get a Peerage.

so mr speaker has had a good day all round then?? :lol:

Indeed he did, and if the papers are to be believed he has been "working" on becoming Speaker since 2005. It is an important job at what is very difficult time (of their own making) for The House of Commons, so I do wish him well.

PS Bit of trivia, he is the first Jewish Speaker.

PPS In his mind I'm sure his day was made better by leaving the Conservative benches, where I understand he was not particularly liked or wanted......normally Speakers are dragged to the Speaker's Chair, Mr Bercow seemed to jog there. :wink::D