25% off everything -

observer

Well I'm rather disappointed ........

I bought my slow cooker from Tesco on Sunday for ?10 although I didn't seem to get my VAT reduction (which was introduced early by them) but couldn't be bothered to queue to query it (as I posted on another thread)

However, I went in again today and the very same slow cooker is NOW ?12 !!!!!! (minus of course the vat that may be deducted at the till if it's not classed as a luxury item.....

So either way it's more expensive than it was :?

Tesco... I am shocked.. are you ripping us off... :shock:

I bought my slow cooker from Tesco on Sunday for ?10 although I didn't seem to get my VAT reduction (which was introduced early by them) but couldn't be bothered to queue to query it (as I posted on another thread)

However, I went in again today and the very same slow cooker is NOW ?12 !!!!!! (minus of course the vat that may be deducted at the till if it's not classed as a luxury item.....

No pleasing some folk. Complaining of getting a bargain???????

You should have offered to pay the shortfall. :P:wink::lol:

No pleasing some folk. Complaining of getting a bargain???????

You should have offered to pay the shortfall. :P:wink::lol:

:P You now what I meant Peter. :P

I didn't get a 'bargain' as such....I just paid the same low price as everyone else had for the past few months .....

But if YOU now buy one then you will be paying MORE THAN WE ALL DID despite the fact that you will THINK you are saving money and getting it cheeper :wink::P

You must admit all the hype about VAT reductions and cut price shopping it's sometimes a bit of a con :wink:

It is ALL a con. The gullible public NEVER think things through.

Over the years the occasional program crops up on TV explaining how these sales and two for the price of one work.

In a lot of cases, a couple of weeks before the offer, the price is put up and then brought down to the previous level as an offer.

What bugs me, is when the sell by date comes up, and they stick a reduced label on things. People think they are getting a bargain, but in actual fact, they are saving coppers. The shops are rarely offering anything at below profit margin. It seems that they would rather throw the food away.

Just imagine the increase in trade if everyone told their friends the bargain on the cookers. They would all be rushing there to see what else was going cheap. Jungle drums are still the best way of spreading news.

:wink:

Thought they grew tropical plants at Kew?! :?:wink:

They did but nowhere near at a commercial level of production. I am sure bananas grown in Britain would have a massive energy requirement making them not commercially viable. Have an apple, now that is a fruit we excel at growing :D