Fish

observer

To be honnest Tilly I love a nice Salmon piece simply grilled with a little knob of butter over the top near at the end and sometimes a little ground pepper if I feel like it...... with a nice salad and dressing.

Guess no instructions needed for that and probably not much help :?:D

Don't know what any of these are like

http://www.thesalmons.org/lynn/salmon-recipes.html

You know if you wrap the fish in foil and pop it on the BBQ - with a bit of butter its grand!

Otherwise I tend to fry fish - habit I guess. Used to catch, clean and cook fish on shore, we call it shore lunch over here. Wonderful that way. :D

Tilly, I use a knob of butter aswell! :wink: Love fish, but hate the bones: best way is to bake them in tin foil, with a filling of garlic, mushrooms or anything you fancy. :shock: They basically steam inside the foil, and the meat falls off the bones. :wink:

Sounds really nice Obs.... might try that for a change but how do I fill a salmon piece as they are always quite thick and square.

Not being sarky... I'm just thick when it comes to cooking :?

Guess me and salmon are quite alike... before you say it :P:wink::lol:

Not too fond of salmon myself; but providing it's wrapped in the foil with whatever else you fancy, including a knob - of butter; it will steam away and as Asp says, remain moist. :wink: Problem is, with non-fresh fish, it's been packed in ice for so long, you can get more moisture than you bargained for - Mary's right, can't beat fresh fish straight out of the water. :wink: Failing that, I shallow fry mine in butter and add a shop bought mauney sauce. :wink:

Mary's right, can't beat fresh fish straight out of the water. :wink:

Not many places to get fish straight out of the water round here but I'll try it..

On the menu tomorrow....

Steamed Carp with mushrooms (if we are lucky) if not grilled Bream with a knob of old faithfull .............or if all else fails

Fried Goldfish with a touch of pepper... and at last I can get rid of the huge tank it's in :D

Anyone care to join me :wink:8)

Fried Mackeral fillets and onions is one of my all time favourites, gently fry the onions in little oil and little knob of butter on low forever till they are melting an caramelised then put to one side in warm oven on plate or something, keep the oil you've used as will be full of flavour, dust the Mackeral in a little seasoned flour first, another tiny knob of butter in the oil, fry the Mackreal, lovely with chips and pea's and tomato sauce and bread and butter, a firm favourite of my dads who's mum used to cook it for him, he prefers processed pea's. Warning, very filling, dont expect to be able to move after!

A quite basic but easy recipe for baked salmon:-

Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6. This will serve 2 people.

Cook 250g of salmon fillets (pin boned) for 12-15 minutes. Boil 250g potatoes in water (halved) for 10mins, add about a good handful of small broccoli florets and boil for a further 5 mins or so, then drain. Place broccoli, jar of white sauce, salmon fillets, small tin sweetcorn and approx 75g peas into large ovenproof dish. Season, mix well and level. Grate potatoes and mix with knob of melted butter, season and spread over mixture.

Bake for 20 mins or so until top is golden brown. Delicious! :lol::shock:

Bren.

• 5 weeks later...

Started to experiment with finny haddock: boil it up in a frying pan, poache a couple of egg yolks (they need to be runny); onto the plate and keep warm and smother in (unhealthy) butter. :shock: Warm up some finely chopped; garlic, onion, chillies, mushrooms or anything else that takes your fancy, in the boiling water, strain and mix into the fish and egg, all mashed up - tasty! :wink: