Council savings of 2 or 7 million?

Geoff, savings are not the same as cuts. :wink:

Hopefully the savings won't lead to a cut in the service level to the customers. :oops: - Ideally we should be seeing an improved level of service.

It's like this Geoff, lets say we want to buy a vehicle, and the list is ?20,000, through good negotiation, we get it for ?18,000, that's a ?2,000 saving...but some political opponents would declare it a cut, because less money has been spent. :wink: The ?2,000 saved could either be used to repay some borrowings or used to provide addition services, or a bit of both...or even used to lower future tax bills.

Last time I looked at the figures, borrowings were in excess of ?100 million.

:?:? Where have they spent that much Councillor? :lol::wink:

Built up over the years, it is not just to cover day to day costs, but capital expenditure, new buildings, equipment etc etc.

Would that be capital expenditure on new buildings that weren't needed or wanted... maybe a new school building for example :roll::evil:

It's like this Geoff, lets say we want to buy a vehicle, and the list is ?20,000, through good negotiation, we get it for ?18,000, that's a ?2,000 saving...but some political opponents would declare it a cut, because less money has been spent. :wink:

Nope that's defiantely a spend of ?18,000.

Might try it out tomorrow myslef and through some negotiation get myself a top of the range laptop at a discounted price and see if my other half thinks I've been spending or saving him some money by byying it and getting ?50 knocked of :?:roll::wink:

Ok so are you saying that the bulk of savings have come though revamping your procurement, hopefully the newly discounted rates are negotiated with quality and performance in mind. :)

That is what I am told :wink:

You don't sound convinced.