Royal Navy ?

Observer II

Once the largest and most feared Navy in the world, the few ships we have left seem to be confused about their deployment priorities.  Instead of being deployed in the Channel, protecting the integrity of UK territorial waters from a migrant invasion, it seems we're now deploying ships to the Black Sea to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine.  Crazy.   😠

I get what you’re saying but it doesn’t take a multi-million-pound armed warship to do that.

I believe where they’re being deployed at the moment is correct, helping to ensure the free movement of international trade that we as an island nation depend on. The situation in the Red Sea at the moment is a perfect example of why we need to do this. Ships diverting away from the area has already caused a spike in oil prices which in turn will affect our economy by putting up prices.

Bill 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 7:20 AM, Observer II said:

Once the largest and most feared Navy in the world, the few ships we have left seem to be confused about their deployment priorities.  Instead of being deployed in the Channel, protecting the integrity of UK territorial waters from a migrant invasion, it seems we're now deploying ships to the Black Sea to protect the territorial integrity of Ukraine.  Crazy.   😠

Wow, I thought for a minute Obs had posted something other than a thread on migrants!!

But NO, he hasn't !!!

Apparently we have a warship steaming to the Caribbean to referee the land grab tug of war between Venezuela & Guyana.

The BBC footage of Houti rebels hi-jacking a ship in the Gulf puzzles me. Never have i seen a ship so clean , could be straight out of a video game.

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

I'm satisfied with the polls I've read, so I'm not bothered about what you think. If I could remember how to cancel you on here, I would, your pathetic woke bleatings just have to be ignored.   :rolleyes:

Im just asking you to name one of the polls, that should be easy for you, I'll do the rest😀

To set the ignore facility, go to the very top right of the page and click on the little black triangle at the side of your name. A box will appear where you can click Ignored Users.

This will open up another screen where you can type in the name of the person you want to stop seeing posts from. Once you’ve done that, just tick ignore posts and finally click on Add User.

I’ll admit that over the years I’ve used this function a couple of times to avoid getting drawn into potentially heated arguments.

Bill 😊