To Old for an Air Fryer.

Bill

I was thinking of buying an air fryer, but my daughter beat us to it and got us one as a Christmas present. It came with an instruction book that was little more than a small booklet that explained every conceivable and stupid way you could set fire to it or end up killing yourself but nothing at all about how to use it; for that you had to be modern and go online.

Fair enough it’s saving a rainforest by using less paper, but it’d been helpful if they could have given a clue where to start looking by showing a web address. But no, it seems even that’s not modern enough, and given nobody uses a pc or laptop these days, they’ve made it easy for everyone by only showing QR codes.

Seems this company is run by a load of spotty faced teenagers who have zero understanding of life beyond the range of their smartphone’s Wi-Fi.

Bill 😊

relative of mine is trying to find an instruction manual for her de-humidifier.

all that came with it was a leaflet that told you how to turn it on and off and numbered the buttons on the  front.

he usual 1. on/off button. 2. set humidifier full alarm default 18 litres  3. on/off light.

think it also mentions how to empty it , but no trouble shooting guide if it doesn't work.

i have had a look on manuals online and similar websites but not listed, even google can't find it.....🤣

funnily enough my @smartphone@ did not come with a pre installed QR reader. You have to install one as a separate app. this can be done by scanning the QR code for the app.....:rolleyes:

Can't say i have ever trusted this QR code business. heard a few tales of people being sent to dodgy websites and scams using them.

Oh well if you ever get it sorted Happy Air Frying. ( i usually use three minutes in the microwave at gas mark 3)....🤭

I had a similar thing on Friday when the washing machine stopped with an odd code on the display. It’s a Hoover washer drier and I assume it would have come with instructions, but we couldn’t find any. I tried to find them by typing in the model description shown on the front of the machine but incredibly Hoover’s own site couldn’t find it, how poor is that? Eventually I read that the only way to bring up the details was to use the product code number located on the inside of the door which of course wasn’t an option as it was full of water. Who thinks these things up, a three-year-old?

I’m getting incredibly frustrated with the whole way in which technology is being presented, especially on mobile phones. It’s supposed to be making our lives easier but more often than not, I end up with something that breaks. I’ve use Nat West’s online banking just four times last year and four times I’ve had to go to the bank because it refused work for me. The people that write the interface code probably say it’s good enough when in reality they’ve only done half the job.

Bill 😊

All this computerisation & internet based facilities ,social media & gaming .apart from being difficult to navigate for many people , is producing future generations of drones with no interpersonal skills or ability to make personal choices.

I've got an iphone with gadgets too many to mention & none of which will be of any use to me. I prefer the desktop computer & my cheap & nasty old phone that i can phone or text from.

just had a look at my 'smartphone' to see what apps i have had to install.

e-reader app, QR scanner app, Calculator, printer app.

apart from he printer app the other three normally come as standard installations.

i keep getting pestered to use my phone for banking but really have no need to. my phone is for making calls, sending texts and emergency use. anything else is pointless for me. i have a desktop and laptop for internet and several digital cameras i can use for photographs and a couple of tv's if i want to watch films or whatever.

I do use some mobile apps, the most useful being a free sat nav one that works better than the one in the car. It has a bit of a voice impediment by allways saying motoraway rather than motorway but that’s more amusing than annoying.

I used the NHS app and QR location codes quite extensively during covid. I never got any warnings or anything, but I wouldn’t have been able to do my trip to the USA without it.

Other than that, Google’s voice recognition thing comes in really handy when I can’t remember something while in the pub.  On the downside, every time I buy a beer using my card, my wife gets a notification as well.

Bill 😊

the one annoying thing that is on my phone is the assistant button. it is situated at the point where you would put your thumb when making a call and until i found out how to turn it off was a real pain in the neck.

only had to catch it and low and behold an annoyingly cheerful voice would say "hi...let's get started....what do you want assistance with?" "aaarrgh, nothing you idiot thing" is my reply.

tried the voice recognition thingy that lets you talk instead of type for text messages. for some reason it doesn't like my accent, but some of the suggestions for words are hilarious.

i actually forgot i had the nhs app. one of those that never got used, along with the energy suppliers app and virgin media app, which i never got to work properly or even remotely close to what it was supposed to do.

At least we don’t have to use them if we don’t want to although there days it’s getting a more difficult to completely avoid them.

On the plus side, I Googled how to cook chips in the air fryer, and they turned out half decent. Nothing like the chips we normally have because they were drier and weren’t uniformly browned but with less oil they were probably healthier. I suppose they’re nothing much more than a miniature fan oven that heats up quicker, uses less power and lot easier to clean. It’ll be interesting to see how it handles some of the other stuff we normally do in the oven.

Bill 😊