Home Office - not fit for purpose ?

Observer II

A phrase used by a Labour Home Secretary many years ago, and nothing seems to have changed since.   Immigration is at record levels, not just the cross channel illegals, but increasing numbers of visa entrants being granted by the HO.   Whilst the idea of allowing entry to people with the skills our economy requires may be wise; the political elite really want mass immigration to provide business with an unlimited supply of cheap labour.   Many asylum seekers are not even required to work, and become a net burden on our public services.  The HO has a huge backlog of cases being processed, meaning that that burden is continuous, such as the £7million per day on accomodation in hotels throughout the UK.   Now, like Priti Patel, Suella Braverman seems to be talking the talk, the question is, will she and Rishi, walk the walk ?    Will the HO be made capable of processing claims and begin a process of deportation to eradicate backlogs asap ?  Will Suella be allowed to take us out of the ECHR and introduce legislation that nullifies the activities of the HR lawyer activists who seek to confound each and every case of deportation, whilst being funded by taxpayers through legal aid ?    Upon this issue rests the future of the Tory Party, as their support from the indigenous working class gives up on the current political duopoly and moves to the far right.      😠

Seems they are now running out of Hotels to house the illegals, so they are now asking indigenous home owners to "take them in".  With warnings to households in the S/Easr to keep doors locked, to prevent illegal entry by channel invaders;  I can't see many folk offering; unless of course, their woke=liberal apologists offer, which I doubt.  What an utter shambles.    😠

Seems the ONS stats on population and demographics show a large increase in the foreign born population;  to over 3million, and as many as 40% in London.  There is now a housing crisis in the UK,  especially in the rented sector; where clearly demand is exceeding supply.  In London the latest figures show a five fold increase in rough sleeping.   :rolleyes:

Considering we have this tsunami (buzzword) of migrants surging through Europe ,i wonder just how big this danger area is that all these people are fleeing from

I believe the UN has now said that it isn't necessary for refugees to claim asylum in the first safe country they enter. They can now pass GO & carry on to Britain with the blessing of the UN .

I would think by now, that our reputation for generousity to mankind, has gone global, so I guess the UN are just underlining it !     Our woke generation of  liberal snowflakes are storing up a tsunami of violence and anarchy for the future,  hopefully, I won't be around to see it.  💀   PS.  It's looking like the EU (& UK), will be hit with a tsunami of refugees from Ukraine this Winter,  as their power grid is systematically degraded by missile and drone strikes, leaving them without heating, lighting and communications. 💀

One in every six people living in the UK today, were born outside the UK.  Over 10million - all requiring housing, medical support, education etc etc.  The really alarming aspect of this, is that this has occured under Tory Governments; and we know it would be even worse under the Lab-Libs; so our politics are now in desperate need of Reform.   😠

Now, after taxiing in over 40,000 illegal migrants, the UKBF are talking of going on strike -  an ideal opportunity to disband them and set up a new force under military conditions of employment, that will do what they are ordered to do, like pick up the migrants and drop them back on French beaches.  Meanwhile, empty all the hotels of migrants, load them onto coaches and drop them off in Calais, all supervised by the military.  As a precursor, exit the ECHR and deny legal aid to any and all non-UK citizens.  There needs to be imo, a massive "weed out the woke" operation throughout our public services and get us back on the road to sanity.   😠

• Upvote 1

I can't understand this obsession of the government in giving money to France ,hand over fist ,to stop these migrants entering the Channel. The money handed over so far doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Perhaps a floating coastal boom would stop refugees landing by only allowing them to enter via openings in the boom for ferry traffic which Border Force patrols could possibly cope with.

If the UKBF wasn't full of woke, bleeding heart liberals,  they could patrol the French Coast and turn back the immigrants at sea - the reason they claim this is unsafe totally escapes me.  Personally, I'd sink them on sight and let them swim back to a French beach; they'd soon get the message.  Meanwhile there's over 40,000 in hotels throughout the UK, while indigenous British kids are dying through mould ridden housing or sleeping rough on our streets;  these illegals should be bussed over to Calais asap.    😠

I think a lot of people would agree with you there Obs. If these people were genuine refugess it'd be a different story but the majority are just young lads looking for a better deal than they get in their own country.

The head of Albainia said it's not their problem if the UK wants to take them in and give them benefits that they can't. I say if the way a countries run results in everyone wanting to leave, then it's time for change.

It's not like Albainia is in a bad part of the world but as I recall, for decades their poleticians spent most of their time trying to persuade it's population that the way of life in the west evil. That might have been fine a hundred years back, but today people can see the differnces between how we live here and what they've ended up with, so it's not surprizing they want to move here. 

Bill :)

They want to move here Bill, as we're recognized as the softest country in Europe for immigrants.   The majority of these economic migrants are young males, with the latest batch of Albanians having links to mafia gangs, who will pursue criminal activities once they are lost in the crowd.   Because we are seen as a "soft touch", they don't respect us and certainly don't fear us;  we've now got Albanians with their National flags protesting at Churchill's statue in London and demanding housing instead of hotels.  It is the woke lefty liberal establishment in politics and the media that have brought this upon us, and it's the white working class that are having to suffer with more crime, less housing, education and health provision.  If we are to salvage the situation, it will take some really draconian policies to literally turn them back and deport them.   😠