Latchford/Thelwall boundary moved.

Sparky71

I see that the former New World factory near LATCHFORD locks is surrounded by boards proudly displaying the imminent building of more houses. The development is called Edgewater, Thelwall.

I'm sure that Thelwall used to be south of the MSC. Surely the developers aren't worried about claiming their new houses are in Latchford.

Westy is still there. It is now called Latchford East.

The New World site is still in Westy, (in Latchford East).

I just hope that the dwellings look better than the garbage that has gone up a little further down next to the Swingbridge.

In fact none of the new developments around Warrington look pleasing to the eye. :x:x:x

Peter, the prevalence of bog-standard design can be laid firmly at the door of the planning committee members, who are universally hostile to anything that doesn't conform to their collective, cosy predilection for 1930's nostalgia-based house types :roll:

I'm sure that Thelwall used to be south of the MSC. Surely the developers aren't worried about claiming their new houses are in Latchford.

How odd :shock:

Thelwall IS South of the Canal and is part of the Warrington South constituency.

It borders the villages of Lymm and Grappenhall, and (across the Manchester Ship Canal), Latchford.