Dangerous dogs ( status symbols)

bubby

wot breed are these dogs that the male youth of warrington seem to be walking round with and why are they not on the dangerous dog act

What i wtnessed today in bridgewater avenue latchford was horrendous, two of these dogs were attacking a large mongrel. The man in question could not get his dogs of that dog even though they were on a lead. It took buckets of water, hitting them with a stick and spraying perfume in their eyes before they eventually stopped. It was heatbreaking to see the defenceless dog. This is not the first time i have seen these type of dogs attacking other dogs. I have my views on why these dogs are so aggresive!!!! I do not know how much the owner is going to have to spend at the vets that is if the dog lives..

That could have so easely been a child then would the lad looked as smug!!!

A lady phoned the police but the lad in question just strode off, not bothered also you are scared of making a statement as it is quite a close community and ( everyone knows everyone) i know that is the wrong attitude as it could have quite have easily been a child.

Thank goodness we are allowed to carry peppersprays for such things Pepperspray works where CS gas doesnt!! but then again if that happened in the UK they kids would use it for something else..

I do believe that the Police here would shoot the dogs if they couldnt be brought under control.

A shame that the Dangerous dog act isnt enforced more and they should prosecute the owner and give him/her a heavy fine..

Steve

Bubby

What sort of dogs were they or what did they look like ? It is frightening to think that anyone (regardless of age) could be walking the streets with such aggresive animals.

As both a parent and a dog owner myself what you have reported has really scared me.

Unfortunatly though it is often the irresponsible 'owners' like the ones you mention who activly encourage such behaviour from what is percieved to be a dangerous breed and as such a form of 'status symbol'.

There should be some form of licencing law and checks carried out for dog owners but where do you draw the line.....

Unless of course it relates to my dog who has just heard a noise and hidden behing the chair... WHIMP :lol:

That's devastating. Surely an anonymous call can be made to the police? I can understand the fear of getting involved but the community (and the poor dogs) need support. These individuals use dogs as status symbols and treat them appallingly. They train the dogs to attack just to make themselves look good-pathetic.

No prob Dismayed. Pleased to see we agree on something. I feel like rescuing the poor dogs and banning the owners from having animals for life. we used to have dog licences of course - they were seven shillings and sixpence. Like all licencing, there has to be an enforcement system or it means nothing.

Agree absolutely Mort. Some dog owners are dreadful. However, if these dogs are as dangerous as it appears something has to happen. Sadly the oulook for the dogs isn't good. If they have been trained to attack, or been ill treated its unlikly they could be rehomed.

Does anyone have an update? Have the police traced the owner?

• 2 weeks later...