Reported posts.

P J

My assumption would be that the reported post is read by a moderator or several moderators and  then a decision made as to whether it has contravened rules and T&C's

if it has contravened it should be removed and possibly an explanation as to why even if it is only a statement to say that it had contravened.

Of course i could be totally wrong, won't be the first time.:roll:

• Upvote 2

I reviewed it first time PJ and took no action as I didn't think it was offensive or violated any 'rules' so marked it as under review then complete.  You then reported it again with a cut and paste of the forum rules so I have now edited the words you say you think were offensive and I've marked as reviewed and completed again.   You could have just contacted me or Gary direct via forum private message (or even facebook) after your first complaint wasn't actioned and you weren't happy rather than posting a 'forum issue' here asking the question.  We are always contactable and happy to help or discuss any issues or problems members may have.   I suspect you knew all that already though 🤔

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would have thought something as serious as racial/ethnic comments would at least warrant a response to the complaint to be honest.  You could have contacted me via the private message on here rather than force me to resend the report and ask the question here.  As it was I had no idea whether you had even received the report , which incidentally, are meant to be confidential and in trust  ( lmao)

Quite how you didnt find the words used offensive is worrying, lets hope that nobody decides to use similar derisory slurs about black or Jewish folk but perhaps  you may decide that the N or Y words are too much for even this place?

PJ....

1.....I added a comment in the status comment box under under the actual report both times.  I presumed wrongly that yot would have been able too see the status of it and my comment.  Also yes they are usually treated as being confidential but seeing as though you posted asking on here I replied to you on here. 

2.... The reason I didn't take action first time was because when I looked what the word meant it said it was 'shortened from the word Nippon which was the Japanese for Japan'. 

3.....No I would never allow the N word for black people, I don't know which Y word for Jewish you mean but I will Google so if one ever does appear I know what I'm looking for. 

4.....the sun's out and its quite a nice day even though a bit cold and breezy.  Why don't you go for a stroll with your camera and take some nice local photos to upload 📸

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, P J said:

p.s.  you even apologised to the wrong person for having to remove the ethnic slurs in their post.  Why on earth would you apologise to someone for that???

😂🤣😂🤣😜 Oops I've corrected it now..... must be the effect you have on me.

Only you noticed it though... but of course you would lol

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dizzy said:

PJ....

1.....I added a comment in the status comment box under under the actual report both times.  I presumed wrongly that yot would have been able too see the status of it and my comment.  Also yes they are usually treated as being confidential but seeing as though you posted asking on here I replied to you on here. 

2.... The reason I didn't take action first time was because when I looked what the word meant it said it was 'shortened from the word Nippon which was the Japanese for Japan'. 

3.....No I would never allow the N word for black people, I don't know which Y word for Jewish you mean but I will Google so if one ever does appear I know what I'm looking for. 

4.....the sun's out and its quite a nice day even though a bit cold and breezy.  Why don't you go for a stroll with your camera and take some nice local photos to upload 📸

1.  I made a general enquiry as to the reporting procedures not a specific report about a post, you did that.  You should have responded privately.  To post what you did publicly is at best unprofessional and is likely to deter genuine reporting of malicious posts

2. Many offensive slurs, including the N word you would never allow, are historically derived from Place/country names.  They have, however been bastardised and used to cause offence to the target and are considered offensive racial/ethnic slurs.

3.  The Y word is derived from the European Jewish language named Yiddish so by your logic will be perfectly acceptable on here lol.

4. Could you be just a tad more patronising please :)

5 hours ago, Dizzy said:

PJ....

The "Y" word is used as a nickname by some Tottenham Hotspur fans, and I have seen it used as a username on football forums. Seems like the "easily offended" are still busy trawling all media for things to be offended by.......................................................................................😏

• Upvote 1

Despite Asperities claims to the contrary, if you use the Y word at a Jewish person, it will almost always cause offence .  I seem to recall him being extremely offended when his heritage was mentioned not too long ago.  Some people must be easily offended.

8 hours ago, P J said:

1.  I made a general enquiry as to the reporting procedures not a specific report about a post, you did that.  You should have responded privately.  To post what you did publicly is at best unprofessional and is likely to deter genuine reporting of malicious posts

2. Many offensive slurs, including the N word you would never allow, are historically derived from Place/country names.  They have, however been bastardised and used to cause offence to the target and are considered offensive racial/ethnic slurs.

3.  The Y word is derived from the European Jewish language named Yiddish so by your logic will be perfectly acceptable on here lol.

4. Could you be just a tad more patronising please :)

In reply

1...OK so if it makes you feel better then  'maybe' I was 'unprofessional' in posting my comments to your question and what I said in reply to you on here publicly PJ.  But then again YOU surely know how the forum works as you have been a member for long enough.  For a few years now you have always badmouthed the forum in Public and I never edited your posts or delete them.  Some of yours have even been reported when you do that but I have tended to review and then leave them as we are ALL entitled to an opinion and we all know what you are like lol.
However I have edited or deleted a few of yours where you went against forum rules and were quite scathing to other members.   Naught you lol.   
I have always felt sorry for Gary though when you badmouth the forum that HE pays for out of his own pocket for all our enjoyment but hey that's one for him to take up with you not me as I don't work for Gary and this is not my forum.  If he has never pulled you for your scathing comments towards his forum then who am I too.  I am just a volunteer Admin.  Maybe if you have a quiet word he will let you be one too and then you can ban the rest of us who all seem to get on quite nicely despite our differing opinions on debates at times.

As for my comments to you on here being now  'likely to deter genuine reporting of malicious posts'  I very much doubt that .......

2... It's a shame how some words historically derived from place or country names are now classed as being offensive.   Yes I do understand how some are now not acceptable but I don't know or understand the reasoning behind them all.  I guess before we know it being called 'white' will become offensive to some too as well.  

3...Still no idea about the 'Y' word as I didn't have time to google.

5...Yes I can..when would you like me to start ?

Addendum 6... Do you get bored easily and trawl the internet for things to moan about or people to rattle lol ?

8 hours ago, Dizzy said:

In reply

1...OK so if it makes you feel better then  'maybe' I was 'unprofessional' in posting my comments to your question and what I said in reply to you on here publicly PJ.  But then again YOU surely know how the forum works as you have been a member for long enough.  For a few years now you have always badmouthed the forum in Public and I never edited your posts or delete them.  Some of yours have even been reported when you do that but I have tended to review and then leave them as we are ALL entitled to an opinion and we all know what you are like lol.
However I have edited or deleted a few of yours where you went against forum rules and were quite scathing to other members.   Naught you lol.   
I have always felt sorry for Gary though when you badmouth the forum that HE pays for out of his own pocket for all our enjoyment but hey that's one for him to take up with you not me as I don't work for Gary and this is not my forum.  If he has never pulled you for your scathing comments towards his forum then who am I too.  I am just a volunteer Admin.  Maybe if you have a quiet word he will let you be one too and then you can ban the rest of us who all seem to get on quite nicely despite our differing opinions on debates at times.

As for my comments to you on here being now  'likely to deter genuine reporting of malicious posts'  I very much doubt that .......

2... It's a shame how some words historically derived from place or country names are now classed as being offensive.   Yes I do understand how some are now not acceptable but I don't know or understand the reasoning behind them all.  I guess before we know it being called 'white' will become offensive to some too as well.  

3...Still no idea about the 'Y' word as I didn't have time to google.

5...Yes I can..when would you like me to start ?

Addendum 6... Do you get bored easily and trawl the internet for things to moan about or people to rattle lol ?

in response,

1.  I wouldn't know anything about my posts being reported as you acted correctly and didn't post the details on the public forum.  You can do the right thing sometimes it seems.

2.  How dare these folk be offended by words designed and used to denigrate, insult or offend them. The shame is that people still knowingly use them. and are allowed to.

3.  You have time for long winded excuses though.

5.(I think 4 comes next but never mind) Any time you wish Dear ;)

6.  No,  but I am not afraid to point out when someone is out of order, even if there is a good chance the admin will disclose what they shouldn't :D