What time is it ?

observer

rather than have a digital clock they should have a digital countdown. saves all the worrying about what time it is , what time did we start and just how much time have we got left to finish.

a quick glance and you know without having to distract yourself by trying to work it all out.

By normal clock i assume that you mean an analogue clock.

I have quite a few clocks and timepieces most of which are analogue and quite a few do not have numbers on merely a line at the appropriate spot that a number should be.

Of the digital ones some are showing 12 hr time format the others 24hr time format. So when one shows 1:00 pm another will be showing 13:00. Mind you i do have one that not only shows the time but day,date, week of the year, temperature, Phase of the moon and is linked via a radio signal so that it is always showing the "right" time. mind you i also have a pocket timewpiece that is over 110 years old and provided you wind it every day keeps excellent time and only loses about a minute a week..

Most of my clocks have been bought by Mrs Sid. She seems to have a thing bout time. Any appointment we have to go to, even at the hospital which is a two minute stroll away, we have to be there at least half an hour before.

I'm the same Sid, and again most of them were bought by Mrs A, although the radio controlled one was a "gift" from, probably, Readers Digest to my mother who gave it to me. Unfortunately it shows German time being radio controlled - every time I set it right, the next update puts it forward an hour so I live with that. I always have to be early for appointments too, but an hour is a bit ott!

My mobile  phone does what i want. Wrist watches annoy me & i haven't owned one for years...the last one i had finished up being carried round in a tobacco tin in my pocket. When i was working ,the tachograph clock told me all i needed  about time.