What to do ?

observer

Seems the Gov are now hung  up on the Hinkley C Nuclear power Station decision. Gov objectives appear to be:- 1) Maintaining power output so the lights don't go out.  2) Providing affordable (cheap) electricity to British consumers.  3) Moving towards carbon free sources of energy production.  Hinckley seems to tick boxes 1&3; but I'm not sure about box 2 ?  

Think we've been here before Asp;  Nuclear is intrinsically more expensive in commissioning and de-commissioning costs, and a question mark over what to do with the waste.  I thought the Gov were going to go for "fracking" to bridge the energy gap, and they seem a bit slow on hydro and estuary dams ?  This deal seems to allow the Chinese a license to print money at our expense in the future.

Something seems to souring our relationship with China after they are apparently pumping millions into Manchester airport & its surroundings & i believe they are also after investing in Sheffield.

It seems likely that Chinese money could be funding the Northern Powerhouse. Without foreign money HS2 would become just a link to the London commuter belt.

I wholeheartedly agree with the rethink on Chinese investment... especially in something as intrinsic to the national well being and security of nuclear power... have you seen some of the videos out there of the building standards that China deems acceptable???